• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2020

Page 62 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Funny thing how a once glory Castilla y Leon (remember the race in 2010 when Antón and Contador battled and the real Antón-hype began) is now relegated to a completely uninteresting and dare I say meaningful 3 day sprinter race.

You mean meaningless? Otherwise, the meaningfulness of your sentence is absent.

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Funny thing how a once glory Castilla y Leon (remember the race in 2010 when Antón and Contador battled and the real Antón-hype began) is now relegated to a completely uninteresting and dare I say meaningful 3 day sprinter race.

I was surprised when I saw this year route, altough the last year wasn't much better. Also there were three major incidents at this race: the strong wind wich created the time gaps, the relegation of Barbero, who was declared winner of stage 1( Cimolai only knew he won when the organization present each team with the results...); also yesterday, the riders went on the wrong route in the final part of the race(wich was the organization fault), and the solution wich was presented was adding 10km to the stage...

Re: Re:

josemoreira said:
Valv.Piti said:

I was surprised when I saw this year route, altough the last year wasn't much better. Also there were three major incidents at this race: the strong wind wich created the time gaps, the relegation of Barbero, who was declared winner of stage 1( Cimolai only knew he won when the organization present each team with the results...); also yesterday, the riders went on the wrong route in the final part of the race(wich was the organization fault), and the solution wich was presented was adding 10km to the stage...

They got some work to do for next year it sounds like.

Alberto Dainese is dominating the Tour de Bretagne. Three stage wins already as an U23 against guys like Wippert, Manzin. And mostly it wasn't even close. He crashed on stage 4 and lost a bit of time, but if he wins again tomorrow and Manzin doesn't get 2nd he will win the race. Super strong performance so far.

Re:

WKA311 said:
Alberto Dainese is dominating the Tour de Bretagne. Three stage wins already as an U23 against guys like Wippert, Manzin. And mostly it wasn't even close. He crashed on stage 4 and lost a bit of time, but if he wins again tomorrow and Manzin doesn't get 2nd he will win the race. Super strong performance so far.
I've followed him already last year, he won 7 races in Italy showing more than only sprinting but usually the level is horrid in national events. At the first race with SEG as trainee he was 13th at Kampioenschap van Vlaanderen then he won the group sprint (in front of Groenewegen) some seconds behind the escapees and at the first national event he took part in Nederlands he won the race.

This year he started not very well with only a couple of 2nd places in Normandie but in Bretagne he looks very impressive, i've seen a photo of a bit uphill finish (i think was stage 2) where he gapped the field.

Maybe I jinxed him. Today Eekhoff won the final stage with Dainese only getting 11th. Eekhoff was always there this week but isn't the fastest sprinter. The hilly finals suit him though and he got the support from Märkl all week. With Manzin getting 3rd he also wins the Overall.

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
Bike races can be interrupted or stopped for a variety of reasons. On Thursday on the first stage of the Tour of Mesopotamia, riders were forced to take shelter for 20 minutes when gunfire broke out in a small village along the course. According to the race organizers, the shooting was caused by a dispute between villages about a local election. Despite the incident, Belurussian rider Branislau Samoilau went on to take the stage victory.

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
After showing off well at Tour de Romandie, Claudio Imhof won Rôhne-Alpes Isère first stage. His first pro victory !
le-suisse-claudio-imhof-(akros-thomus)-s-est-impose-au-sprint-photo-le-dl-mona-blanchet-1557441359.jpg