• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2020

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Lesser Known Race Results 2018

ciranda said:
Really don't like it if he actively wants to go to u23 world's. Is allowing already-pro cyclists a plan to create more interest? Because in reality it makes the race way less prestigious to have default stronger guys from a higher category.

He doesn't like it either. He even thinks it's unfair, but if the Belgian Cycling Federation asks him to to do it, he's not gonna say no.

Re: Lesser Known Race Results 2018

ciranda said:
Really don't like it if he actively wants to go to u23 world's.

Is the purpose of the rule to allow already-pro cyclists to create more interest? Because in reality it makes the race way less prestigious that by default stronger guys from a higher category are there.

I simply figured it's because if a rider is under the age of 23, he's a U23 rider, no matter what kind of team he's on.

Dex3zVTW0AEz72x.jpg

Woo.

So Bouhanni wins again. It appears that he has realised that he will never see anything like his current salary again if he doesn’t get the finger out. Four wins this year now. Little races, obviously, but not a bad record at this time of year. Maybe he’s not a total write off quite yet

Re: Re:

yaco said:
Akuryo said:
Quickstep take the Hammer-Series in the end but 1000 viewers on the livestream is a joke. Oh well, 4x the viewers of the first day :D

Except there were 4 or 5 different streams one could watch - Good to see the QS and MS riders getting stuck into the beers after the finish.

And regular television too.

"Stuck into the beers" is that a fancy way of saying they had beer after the finish?

Kristoff takes a “French sprinter special”, a win for a sprinter in a field with no other sprinters, in the GP Gippingen. Obviously, it doesn’t say very much about where he ranks against the other big guns but wins are good for morale and UAE certainly need some morale right about now.

GenericBoonenFan said:
cunavalos said:
Sam Bennett wins Rund Um Koln- unofficial results
QqWRBr8.png
I see potatoe power made it to second, good for him.
Kittel however, he's in need of some good training.
Yeah losing to Bennett is one thing, but getting beaten into third in a race with only two genuinely fast guys in it is not a good look in mid June. Gaviria and the rest will be thinking “easy meat”.

Zinoviev Letter said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
cunavalos said:
QqWRBr8.png
Yeah losing to Bennett is one thing, getting beaten into third in a race with only two genuinely fast guys in it is not a good look in mid June. Gaviria and the rest will be thinking “easy meat”.

Well I guess I should only really judge when I see the images but this isn't good news indeed

Re:

GenericBoonenFan said:
Van der Poel outsprints Bouhanni in the Ronde van Limburg. (with more than a bike length)
Too bad that he preferss MTB over the road or he could challenge sagan for the green jersey in the next couple of years.

Bouhanni doing his best to make sure that his recent small wins don’t encourage too much optimism.

The big problem with the current crop of prominent French sprinters, Bouhanni, Coquard, even Demare is that they just aren’t that fast. Even still, Bouhanni shouldn’t be getting completely pasted by a moonlighting crosser.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

Zinoviev Letter said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
cunavalos said:
QqWRBr8.png
Yeah losing to Bennett is one thing, but getting beaten into third in a race with only two genuinely fast guys in it is not a good look in mid June. Gaviria and the rest will be thinking “easy meat”.

Well getting beaten by a b sprinter like Bennett is a disappointment in itself for Kittel

TRENDING THREADS