• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2020

Page 78 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
For me this is the best time of the year, I love those Italian classics, Coppa Bernochi, Coppa Agostini, Giro Toskana, Coppa Sabatini,..... I don't know why they don't get their own threads. Add in races like GP de Wallonie or the Championship of Flandern with the WC week in the end and those are easily the best few weeks of the year cycling wise.

Wholeheartedly agree. There's this certain feel about these Italian fall classics. I can't really put my finger on it. Perhaps you or others feel the same, and might be able to describe it?

Primus classic
5 man break ~2mins

Clipboard.gif

https://ok.ru/videoembed/1434779131496?nochat=1

Last edited:
Was hoping to find a thread for the Primus Classic, but oh well...

Looks like the competition is a different level than in Tour of Britain where MvdP could just roll over Trentin and the likes.

Definitely different level, but still, he looked the strongest out of himself, Van Avermaet and Sagan on the last climb, with the latter two doing everything to hang on to his wheel. It's still anyone's race, though. I think Sagan is still the quickest sprinter out of the three if it comes down to it. Van Avermaet being the best after a long and grueling race, though VDP has proven he's no slouch after a hard race himself. We'll see how it unfolds...

Definitely different level, but still, he looked the strongest out of himself, Van Avermaet and Sagan on the last climb, with the latter two doing everything to hang on to his wheel. It's still anyone's race, though. I think Sagan is still the quickest sprinter out of the three if it comes down to it. Van Avermaet being the best after a long and grueling race, though VDP has proven he's no slouch after a hard race himself. We'll see how it unfolds...
Primus Classic looks like a bunch sprint. But I agree that MvdP looked like the best. But he did not really extend his gap over GVA/Sagan on the climb after he had first created the hap, which suggest that he is just more explosive. We probably knew that already.

Primus Classic looks like a bunch sprint. But I agree that MvdP looked like the best. But he did not really extend his gap over GVA/Sagan on the climb after he had first created the hap, which suggest that he is just more explosive. We probably knew that already.

Question is, even if he could, why should he? Like most guys, this is a training ride for the WC, where the real hard racing will happen. In other words, we can't draw any conclusions from this race except that the favorites seem to be on the right track leading up to the WC.

TRENDING THREADS