• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2020

Page 103 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So, today, Arnaud Démare won the second stage in the Tour Poitou-Charentes after having won the first stage yesterday. Two years ago he won the race and all five stages. It would be pretty crazy if he repeated that feat, and I think it will be hard for him to win the 23 km ITT tomorrow again, because the opposition seems to be a little bit stiffer this time around. He is absolutely flying at the moment, though.

Reactions: Sandisfan
So, today, Arnaud Démare won the second stage in the Tour Poitou-Charentes after having won the first stage yesterday. Two years ago he won the race and all five stages. It would be pretty crazy if he repeated that feat, and I think it will be hard for him to win the 23 km ITT tomorrow again, because the opposition seems to be a little bit stiffer this time around. He is absolutely flying at the moment, though.

Démare doesn't win the ITT but hangs on in the fight for the overall, after being 3rd today. Only 1 second away from Josef Cerny (ITT's winner) on the GC.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Okay... correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Memorial Marco Pantani shown on Eurosport last year? Then why isn't it this year? They think we're some noobs who can only watch one race at a time?

I'm pretty sure I also recall watching Tour de Hongrie...

Last edited:
Belgian champ Merlier gets the Brussels Cycling Classic in strong fashion. Ballerini and Bouhanni on the podium but fell right after the finish line due to the wet roads and a very dangerous curve. Ackermann and certainly Gaviria came up too short. Very nice 4th place for neo Florian Vermeersch.

TRENDING THREADS