• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races 2024 edition

Page 68 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Surprised the group behind wasn't closer at the finish. There was quite a bit of looking around between Vermeersch and Abrahamsen while De Vriijs was distanced, so expected the gap to close more.
I think the chasing group had a lot of dead legs since Wärenskjold could hang on for 5th. Normally he shouldn't be the fastest in a climb like that against a random group of riders.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I think the chasing group had a lot of dead legs since Wärenskjold could hang on for 5th. Normally he shouldn't be the fastest in a climb like that against a random group of riders.
Yes, looked like it was raced full-on from about 100K. Nice to see Warenskjold get a decent result again. Thought he'd be a monster this season, but doesn't seem to have progressed at all so far.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I guess Rex having Planckaert there made everyone else do nothing, so there wasn't a lot of good legs actually chasing. I'd say the finish was very suited to Wærenskjold, but the surprise for me is that he beat the likes of Hermans after having bridged across a significant gap to the 'group of big favourites' after the main separation. But I guess he also got some good recovery in the final kms while everybody was sitting on the Planckaert train.

Anyway, great race. Definitely tuning in to this one next year as well.