• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races thread 2021

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yeah, I'm excited to follow him this year as well. He impressed me a lot last year, especially in Brabantse Pijl (why didn't I pick him in this year's cq game again?).
Because you thought he would slave for Trentin, Hirschi and Kristoff.

Btw someone asked about Laporte. He retweed a video of a few riders taking a wrong turn with 30 km to go. He might have been in that group (images were very unclear).

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
And meanwhile, the U23 men's race was won by a 12-year-old!

jack-drage-2020.jpeg

(He's actually 18.)

I don't think it is that unusual for riders not eligible to win the national title to appear in championship races in countries with few people contesting the event. I think it happens more in the time-trials where they cannot really affect anyone else, although Stewart didn't do that event on Friday.

Stewart rode in the NZ classic for a team called "Trust Team": I guess one can be on a club team as well as a UCI registered team. He must have spent the winter down there, part of the main cycling culture there, not difficult to ask for an exceptional invite under such circumstances.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS