• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races thread 2021

Page 55 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So tomorrow we have the Veneto Classic, I don't really lik the name.
The startlist could be a little bit better, I guess it's gonna be Lutseenko vs UAE, but the route is good, I hope that the race will grow a bit in the coming years:
veneto-classic-2021-result-profile-4873d9708f.jpg
Do you know if there’s any coverage (even if georestricted)? The season has ended much too soon for me this year! (Yes, I watch cyclocross but the races don’t provide hours of viewing).

Reactions: Sandisfan
Nice first pro win by neo Arne Marit today, beating Coquard and Viviani in a pure sprint.

Yes, it was finally Arne's turn (that's a joke that only works on a Danish audience).
But a great result for the guy, nonetheless.

Do you know if there’s any coverage (even if georestricted)? The season has ended much too soon for me this year! (Yes, I watch cyclocross but the races don’t provide hours of viewing).

It will be shown live on ES/GCN.

I'm interested anyway, please explain!

It is a political subject, but hopefully this simple explanation isn't bending the rules (too much).

Part of the platform of our current prime minister Mette Frederiksen was to make new legislation that would make it possible for certain groups to have an early retirement.

The prime example used was a guy called Arne, and the Social Democrats made a big deal out of how it should finally be "Arne's turn" to retire after a long and hard life as a brewery worker.

Reactions: Wvv and Sandisfan
After 2H the breakaway has just over 3min in the Veneto Classic and consists of the following riders:
Peter Rikunov (Gazprom Rusvelo), Luca Pajek (Hrinkow Advarics Cycleang), Matteo Zurlo (Zalf Euromobil Fior), Lorenzo Visintainer (General Store Essegibi), Federico Burchio (Work Service Marchiol), Simone Bevilacqua (Vini Zabù) & Paolo Toto (Amore&Vita) .

Trentin and Battistella have 30sec over a reduced group with 23kms to go, Albanese attacked out of said group, but just had a puncture. G. Martn just attacked out of said group.
Lutsenko, Formolo, Hirschi and Ulissi are in the group behind, hard to see them catching the front group under those circumstances.

TRENDING THREADS