• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races thread 2022

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'm looking at the parcours of that new Strade Bianche copy (Jaen Paraiso Interior), oh my it's beautiful and incredibly hard.

The last 70+ kms in and around Ubeda have around 22 kms of gravel roads, all of them uphill. According to the profile those uphill stretches are 7.5km at 4.5% (section done 3 times towards the finish line) and 5.5km at 5% (section done 1 time) but there's some seriously steep ramps. For example the last 1.5km of the section towards the finish line is at almost 10%.

Just like in Strade Bianche the fun doesn't end after the last gravel section. You can definitely make the difference on the last steep part of it already but you need to hold on for a little under a kilometer, parts of it on cobblestones and at 10%.

It's also almost 200 kilometers long so there definitely trying to make this a futur classic. I can't wait already.

I'm looking at the parcours of that new Strade Bianche copy (Jaen Paraiso Interior), oh my it's beautiful and incredibly hard.

The last 70+ kms in and around Ubeda have around 22 kms of gravel roads, all of them uphill. According to the profile those uphill stretches are 7.5km at 4.5% (section done 3 times towards the finish line) and 5.5km at 5% (section done 1 time) but there's some seriously steep ramps. For example the last 1.5km of the section towards the finish line is at almost 10%.

Just like in Strade Bianche the fun doesn't end after the last gravel section. You can definitely make the difference on the last steep part of it already but you need to hold on for a little under a kilometer, parts of it on cobblestones and at 10%.

It's also almost 200 kilometers long so there definitely trying to make this a futur classic. I can't wait already.
Sounds awesome! Will it be televised anywhere?

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS