• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races thread 2022

Page 78 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Morten Hulgaard might not be one of the most talented riders in the world, but I still think it's a bit of a shame that he hasn't been offered a new contract by Uno-X or any other teams.

Was it simply because he didn't get any contract offers, or does he just not want to continue? Seems a bit pessimistic to me to stop your career at 24-year-old just because you don't have a contract in September.

• Sad
Reactions: Sandisfan
Was it simply because he didn't get any contract offers, or does he just not want to continue? Seems a bit pessimistic to me to stop your career at 24-year-old just because you don't have a contract in September.

In the Feltet interview it sounded like an extension with Uno-X had been his main target and thet he hadn't actively pursued a contract anywhere else, which obviously also made it less likely that he would receive an offer from other teams.

Since Uno-X have signed other riders, he has been let go, but it seems like he isn't too bothered by their decision and is ready to move on.

In the Feltet interview it sounded like an extension with Uno-X had been his main target and thet he hadn't actively pursued a contract anywhere else, which obviously also made it less likely that he would receive an offer from other teams.

But still, surely if he really wanted a contract, it probably wouldn't be too late to start looking.

Meanwhile, we finally got images from Vlaanderen.

Reactions: Sandisfan
That was a close sprint. Jakobsen a tiny bit faster but it's great to see Ewan being able to sprint again the last few weeks.

Fabio probably doesn't have a long future with QS, he's so fast but he also needs a team with him in GTs to get him thru it. With Evenepoel that's going to be tricky.

Groenewegen does what he needs to do for BEX. Finishing in Ewans wheel every race. LTS is doing great, but every other team in the danger zone does too (apart from Israel obviously).

Last edited:
Best moment of the day:

https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.nieuwsblad.be%2FAssets%2FImages_Upload%2F2022%2F09%2F16%2F48e41809-1c74-487f-a5bf-9100bc4fc856.jpg

Fabio Jakobsen fistbumping Dylan Groenewegen's son on the podium in Koolskamp.

Guess I don't need to explain the beauty of this.

TRENDING THREADS