• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Liège-Bastogne-Liège 2021 (April 25th)

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Great work by Pog, but Alaphillpe completely messed up his chances there. He needed to be right on the wheel of Woods / Gaudu with Valverde leading out the sprint, but lost a few bike lengths just before Valverde kicked.

He had to put in a massive amount of work to get past & dragged Pog with him who flew past as he ran out of gas.

Nice race. Pogacar won. He is probably the only cyclist that I don't like in the Worldtour. I need to find a way to like him if I am to continue watching cycling for many years. At least he give us good action in the races.

Nice to see Carapaz giving us a little scare.

What about him don't you like? He seems like a nice kid, and a great rider.

i was really impressed with alaphillipe, he rode a smart race, even let some of the favourites get away only to make one crucial mistake in the sprint that cost him a victory

pogacar showed multiple times his recovery into sprint is maybe second to van der poel, his battles with roglic in tdf will be amazing

ineos with a classic bamboozle lmao

Reactions: Fernandez
Better finishing image

Ez1AtJ2XsAA1czq

Ez1AyGwVcAErls3

At least, Liege has become a much better race with actual tactics after the Ans final has been removed.

Next thing is retiring Col Du Rosier which is only the wet dream of a climb for a chasing domestique.
I personally would also get rid of that Forges climb as it only adds unecessary flat after Redoute and make up the kms with maybe some hills in the first part of the race.