• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Liège-Bastogne-Liège: April 28th, 2019

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win Liège-Bastogne-Liège 2019?

• Alejandro Valverde

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Jakob Fuglsang

Votes: 27 28.4%
  • Julian Alaphilippe

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Maximilian Schachmann

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Michal Kwiatkowski

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Michael Matthews

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Philippe Gilbert

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Romain Bardet

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Vincenzo Nibali

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • Other

Votes: 13 13.7%

• Total voters
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Simurgh said:
Really, really surprised that Fuglsang could drop them all at the last climb. I thought that Alaphillippe and a couple of others would be able to follow him at the very least. And therefore he should have attacked earlier. Clearly I have to take back what I said! Alaphilippe's downspiraling form isn't really that big of a surprise, if you think about it - he has been flying for weeks, and eventually it had to end.
How can you be surprised? Its the hardest climb and he is the strongest rider.

Yeah. Fuglsang had only shown to not be better than Alaphillipe, not that he wasn't better than everyone else. The idea that he isn't explosive or can't sprint (this season) is mostly due to a comparison to the most explosive rider at his best.

Re:

Velolover2 said:
This is real racing. They need to keep this route!

Like others will say, I'm sure, I wish the "real racing" had started before the final climb. But yes, this is an improvement on a climbers' bunch sprint in Ans.

Ironic that the last year in Ans was also a solo attack over the Roche au Faucons by a member of the strongest team on the day.

TRENDING THREADS