• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lidl-Trek (no longer Radioshack-Leopard Trek)

Page 68 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Christian said:
IMO so far the team looks like:

BENNATI, Daniele
BUSCHE, Matthew
CANCELLARA, Fabian
DIDIER, Laurent
FUGLSANG, Jakob
GALLOPIN, Tony
GERDEMANN, Linus
HERMANS, Ben
HORNER, Chris
IRIZAR, Markel
KING, Ben
KLODEN, Andreas
MACHADO, Tiago
MEERSMAN, Gianni
MONFORT, Maxime
NIZZOLO, Giacomo
POPOVYCH, Yaroslav
POSTHUMA, Joost
RAST, Grégory
SCHLECK, Andy
SCHLECK, Fränk
SERGENT, Jesse
VOIGT, Jens
WAGNER, Robert
ZAUGG, Oliver
ZUBELDIA, Haimar

Makes 26 riders.

From LEOPARD TREK, there would stay 12 riders for 4 places. These riders are:

Will Clarke
Stefan Denifl
Thomas Rohregger
Bruno Pires
Brice Feillu (Saur Sojasun?)
Dominic Klemme
Fabian Wegmann (Katusha?)
Tom Stamsnijder
Anders Lund
Martin Mortensen
Martin Pedersen (Christina Watches Onfone?)
Davide Vigano

IMO most likely to stay: Klemme, Vigano, Lund, Mortensen.

RadioShack riders without a team for 2012 so far (as of my knowledge):

Sam Bewley
Geoffroy Lequatre
Nelson Oliveira
Ivan Rovny
Bjorn Selander

Wondering a bit about your listings (especially your 26).
I am quite sure, that some former RS-riders (of these 26) won't be on the final team.

And: Weren't there announcements a few weeks ago, that they do not plan with Vigano, Lund and Mortensen?
If Cancellara stays (which I only believe when they announce their final roster, although he made an announdement at the worlds), Klemme is there too for sure!
Denifl (contract until 2012) is a given for me too.

ad Horner: I don't really understand what he will do at the new team - maybe beeing a half time pro and concentrating on Cali and 1-2 other races. Strange decision.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
roadbiker said:
Wondering a bit about your listings (especially your 26).
I am quite sure, that some former RS-riders (of these 26) won't be on the final team.

Yes this is only my personal pediction based on what we've read but of course it might still change or I might have missed something. Which RadioShack riders do you think won't be a part of it and why?

roadbiker said:
And: Weren't there announcements a few weeks ago, that they do not plan with Vigano, Lund and Mortensen?

Could be - if so, I didn't see them. This prediction was based on my personal impressions: Vigano -> Bennati's Italian lead-out, Lund -> important domestique (Ardennes for example), Mortensen -> decent classics domestique.

roadbiker said:
If Cancellara stays (which I only believe when they announce their final roster, although he made an announdement at the worlds), Klemme is there too for sure!
Denifl (contract until 2012) is a given for me too.

Cancellara actually confirmed it today:

By the way.rumours and what ever still was it.Had all my chats and meetings with @JohanBruyneel .I tell you it will be great and sucsesfull

@f_cancellara

Klemme is a talented classics rider and they need him but you never know. I doubt that Denifl will stay even though he has a contract. Almost all the riders have at least 2 year contracts, the only ones that don't are Pires, Voigt (resigned), O'Grady (leaving), Pedersen and Stamsnijder or Mortensen I believe (not sure on the last one)

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
roadbiker said:
Wondering a bit about your listings (especially your 26)

ad Horner: I don't really understand what he will do at the new team - maybe beeing a half time pro and concentrating on Cali and 1-2 other races. Strange decision.

In a long article in Bicycling last year before the TdF, he talked about the the necessity of making a living for his family. Paycheck? They'll give him a shot at the Cali. Finished 10th TdF 2010, I would rather he do the Vuelta than the tour. He seems to race well in Espana.

King and Busche, I think, will make it. Probably part of the deal for RadioShack. Pure domestic types. King likes to go for the long breaks and seems capable of getting in them, suicide or not.

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Christian said:
IMO so far the team looks like:

BENNATI, Daniele
BUSCHE, Matthew
CANCELLARA, Fabian
DIDIER, Laurent
FUGLSANG, Jakob
GALLOPIN, Tony
GERDEMANN, Linus
HERMANS, Ben
HORNER, Chris
IRIZAR, Markel
KING, Ben
KLODEN, Andreas
MACHADO, Tiago
MEERSMAN, Gianni
MONFORT, Maxime
NIZZOLO, Giacomo
POPOVYCH, Yaroslav
POSTHUMA, Joost
RAST, Grégory
SCHLECK, Andy
SCHLECK, Fränk
SERGENT, Jesse
VOIGT, Jens
WAGNER, Robert
ZAUGG, Oliver
ZUBELDIA, Haimar

Makes 26 riders.

From LEOPARD TREK, there would stay 12 riders for 4 places. These riders are:

Will Clarke
Stefan Denifl
Thomas Rohregger
Bruno Pires
Brice Feillu (Saur Sojasun?)
Dominic Klemme
Fabian Wegmann (Katusha?)
Tom Stamsnijder
Anders Lund
Martin Mortensen
Martin Pedersen (Christina Watches Onfone?)
Davide Vigano

IMO most likely to stay: Klemme, Vigano, Lund, Mortensen.

RadioShack riders without a team for 2012 so far (as of my knowledge):

Sam Bewley
Geoffroy Lequatre
Nelson Oliveira
Ivan Rovny
Bjorn Selander

Nelson Oliveira has contract for next season and he is going to stay (confirmed)

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
thehog said:
What team would sign him in a leadership role? It's like he's ever come close to winning a GT....

Exactly, he'll get the Cali leadership, maybe the Basque country if not Klöden.
Utah, and that race they need to improve in Colorado.

BillytheKid said:
Exactly, he'll get the Cali leadership, maybe the Basque country if not Klöden.
Utah, and that race they need to improve in Colorado.

Correct & that's a good strategy. If you're going to put eggs in a Tour basket you'd put them in Andy''s basket not Horner's.

In saying that now seeing the Tour route I'd probably just retire the team.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Correct & that's a good strategy. If you're going to put eggs in a Tour basket you'd put them in Andy''s basket not Horner's.

In saying that now seeing the Tour route I'd probably just retire the team.

i bet some people in the merger are shaking heads in disappointment....:D

May 26, 2010
Visit site
pugdog said:
Tony Martin and Cancellara will be fighting for the win, with Wiggins a distant third.

Canc? yeah sure, there is no one gonna get to go for the win if their name is not Schleck on that team. Can Canc do a Roche a la Giro 87 or a Contador Tour 09?

Could make a boring TdF interesting!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=44090

The Hog may also start a Lux based Continental team.

Great, just what the sport needs. The Hog working with young riders.

There were already rumours about CT Differdange becoming a farm team for LEOPARD TREK last year, that didn't happen though. It's weird that Bruyneel wants to start another continental team, seeing he already has Trek-Livestrong. Also there is no real density of talent in Luxembourg, there is only Bob Jungels right now and he had offers from Sky and Saxo Bank among others so it would be weird if he passed that up for a continental team.

The original article also says Lund, Mortensen and Pedersen were close to Christina Watches. Furthermore it names Klemme, Selig and Denifl as part of the 2012 roster and leaves out Gianni Meersmann, but Bruyneel is supposed to be on the lookout for another classics domestique for Cancellara.

http://www.lequotidien.lu/les-sports/28023.html

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Siriuscat said:
If the Schlecky boys are going to work on their TT and as the article suggests increase muscle mass, how much will this hit their climbing???

Andy already said he went into this year's Tour heavier than usual because of increased muscle mass ... didn't hurt his climbing but didn't really help his ITT either