Liege - Bastogne - Liege

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 15, 2009
843
0
0
flicker said:
Good to see Tejay vand gareten and Mat Busche first year american pros finishing.

About the top 3 in the race.....no comment!
Good results for these two

Want to see TJ's tweet when he see the podium today:D
 
Sep 8, 2009
155
0
0
bridgeman said:
It's funny after all these years of watching the pros, just 2 days ago I came to this conclusion. I mean there were times where I thought the sport was cleaning up, but now it's clear that's not going to happen. So you might as well just watch and enjoy the spectacle, if you can.
Agreed. Wholeheartedly.

I'm going to save my figurative tampons for other things.
 
Aside from the entire controversy-I'm a bit disappointed by the Schleck Bros.-yes they showed some sparks of good attacking but nothing "promising to cheer for....Rodriguez got his chances locked when Kolobnev rode away-& lastly no Liquigas or Quickstep guys at the last 20km at all.
overall nice race in my book & looking forward to get the video...:D
 

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
1,852
0
0
See Allen Lim was right.

Vino slept in a hyperbaric tent for the last two years pressure wrapped in ice for 10 hours a day. He used liquid nitrogen on his nuts.

He also used the special creatine, NO asplode supplements that kept his lactate down to sub wonderboy levels.

It's rumored that Arm & Hammer provided him with a special supplement to fight lactate also.

Green tea, please send me a shipment pronto.
 
Nov 17, 2009
2,388
0
0
flicker said:
Good to see Tejay vand gareten and Mat Busche first year american pros finishing.

About the top 3 in the race.....no comment!
Yeah... there's some hope that maybe some of the younger americans have enough talent to be meaningful at the top level in a few years.

US cycling the last few years has been fairly long in the tooth.
 
Mar 10, 2009
7,269
1
0
hfer07 said:
Aside from the entire controversy-I'm a bit disappointed by the Schleck Bros.-yes they showed some sparks of good attacking but nothing "promising to cheer for....Rodriguez got his chances locked when Kolobnev rode away-& lastly no Liquigas or Quickstep guys at the last 20km at all.
overall nice race in my book & looking forward to get the video...:D
Yeah what happened to Liquigas. They were still strong with what 3-4 in the last 20k?

first rider in:

29 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo 0:01:29
 

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
3,853
0
0
Vino4ever

What a Gutsy and SuperStrong ride by Vino. Great win for the Old Man!

Iglinsky worked hard for his leader - thats for sure.
But it was Vino's PreEmptive Attack and Studdly Heads-Down Riding
that earned him THIS Victory!

I am so glad Vino has forgiven the sport that so wrongly accused him -
and changed his mind about his retirement. This victory must taste especially sweet!
 
Polish said:
What a Gutsy and SuperStrong ride by Vino. Great win for the Old Man!

Iglinsky worked hard for his leader - thats for sure.
But it was Vino's PreEmptive Attack and Studdly Heads-Down Riding
that earned him THIS Victory!

I am so glad Vino has forgiven the sport that so wrongly accused him -
and changed his mind about his retirement. This victory must taste especially sweet!
Still refuse to give AC credit....;)

 
Nov 17, 2009
2,388
0
0
flicker said:
Good to see Tejay vand gareten and Mat Busche first year american pros finishing.

About the top 3 in the race.....no comment!
Also, Stetina finished as well in his first year with Garmin. He may end up being the best climber of the young americans.
 
Mar 11, 2009
3,274
1
0
Bala Verde said:
Yeah what happened to Liquigas. They were still strong with what 3-4 in the last 20k?

first rider in:

29 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo 0:01:29
Liquigas is making a habit out of looking strong but being nowhere when the race is decided. Let's hope they don't take that to the Giro.
 

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
4,153
0
0
kurtinsc said:
Also, Stetina finished as well in his first year with Garmin. He may end up being the best climber of the young americans.
Sorry not to mention Stetina, he looks strong and consistent. Great DNA!
 
Mar 26, 2009
2,534
0
0
ak-zaaf said:
Liquigas is making a habit out of looking strong but being nowhere when the race is decided. Let's hope they don't take that to the Giro.
Thinking exactly the same and to me sounds like they miss a "winner"; strong team but not any strong one day rider.
 
Jan 11, 2010
12,582
0
0
I'm actually quite surprised by Gesink's result... he was still suffering from the cold that's been bothering him all week, but for a 23 year old he still did pretty darn well in such a hard race. Of the youngsters, only Andy Schleck did better.
 
Mar 10, 2009
130
0
0
Strong showing by Gilbert, especially that move on the St. Nicolas that shook of Valverde and Evans was impressive. Sadly there were two others up the road that were out of reach.

I have to admit that I was rooting for Kolobnev when it became clear the others were not going to catch up, but can't really say that Vinokourov stole this victory. I have mixed feelings about this winner, but preperations aside, based on what he showed during the race today he did deserve it.
 
Great race, although it took a while before things started to heat up.

Oh and people forget Vino was not the strongest today. He was the smartest. And of course he's a very talented and driven rider. Great ride by him.

Great ride by Anton as well. Didn't expect him to perform this well in such a long race with 15 kilometers flat for every hill which shouldn't suit him. He's in top form at the moment.
 

r.avens

BANNED
Apr 16, 2010
70
0
0
Publicus said:
Still refuse to give AC credit....;)
I take that as grudging respect/affirmation of his authori-tie/outright fear.

Albeit from someone's who's approval no one needs....
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pantani_lives Professional Road Racing 482

ASK THE COMMUNITY