• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Louis Meintjes thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Here's the picture of Meintjes vicious attack in the Vuelta
11081948_Alt02

That's actually something that came up when discussing his performance last year: how many riders do become more aggressive later in their careers? How often do people become more impulsive the older they are? There's Evans. Arguably, Nibali, until this year at least. I don't see any reason to hope Meintjes will make it to that very short list.

And hey, if he does, great for him and great for cycling fans in general, you know? But I'm not going to cut him any slack now.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Ah well, he's still only 25 and got 8th and 12th in two grand tours in a row, with the second one being the hardest course. Maybe he will find his attacking spirit later on
What? When you get older and older, you start to gain experience and some wisdom during the race. When you are a rookie/young rider normally you do silly mistakes and stupid attacks... so I don't think meinjtes will improve but he will not get worse because it is impossible to get worse...

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Jokes aside, the longer, hard Giro mountain stages should suit him more, he's a diesel climber and he has done pretty well on this kind of stages before.

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Jokes aside, the longer, hard Giro mountain stages should suit him more, he's a diesel climber and he has done pretty well on this kind of stages before.

More like the last carriage of a train and the weird thing is because the cameras always show the back and the front of the bunch, he gets more camera time than many much better riders ! He is like Zubeldia's celebrity cousin.........

TRENDING THREADS