• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Mark Cavendish Discussion Thread

Page 78 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

TMP402 said:
PremierAndrew said:
tristecsinamigos said:
PremierAndrew said:
MatParker117 said:
Flying lap and points race should not be a problem, kilo's the issue.

After that IP, I believe in him. He clearly trained a lot for the team pursuit, and thats more like a 2.5km solo effort. If anything, he might have lost a slight edge for the flying lap but I think hes the favourite for gold at this point

really? Anything can happen at the points race...

Being the favourite =/= going to win, but along with Viviani, he has the highest chance of winning from here

How does he close 14 points to Viviani? Considering also that VIviani won the flying lap at the World Championships. I know Viviani did badly at the points race in the WCs, but he was being defensive because he was leading pretty handily.

IIRC Viviani decided to just watch Gaviria for the whole race, forgetting about Kluge and O'Shea racking up 55 points each and overtaking him. He did really badly that race, but then again it was better doing that then than now. I think he will be harder to do that against this time around, and might return to the race craft that got him to become European points race champion. However, anything is possible in that race.

Kennett wins the flying lap. Viviani 2nd. Cavendish 3rd. The standings now:

1 ITA VIVIANI Elia 178
2 GBR CAVENDISH Mark 162
3 DEN HANSEN Lasse Norman 152
4 NZL KENNETT Dylan 150
5 FRA BOUDAT Thomas 150
6 AUS O'SHEA Glenn 144
7 COL GAVIRIA RENDON Fernando 140
8 GER KLUGE Roger 134

Cavendish having a laugh with his team. I guess he's happy.

Re: Re:

TMP402 said:
PremierAndrew said:
tristecsinamigos said:
PremierAndrew said:
MatParker117 said:
Flying lap and points race should not be a problem, kilo's the issue.

After that IP, I believe in him. He clearly trained a lot for the team pursuit, and thats more like a 2.5km solo effort. If anything, he might have lost a slight edge for the flying lap but I think hes the favourite for gold at this point

really? Anything can happen at the points race...

Being the favourite =/= going to win, but along with Viviani, he has the highest chance of winning from here

How does he close 14 points to Viviani? Considering also that VIviani won the flying lap at the World Championships. I know Viviani did badly at the points race in the WCs, but he was being defensive because he was leading pretty handily.

He's leading pretty handily here too ;)

But yeah, Viviani is favourite, can't deny that

Kennett won btw, not Hansen

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
That sounds like something even his own worst detractors after the Haussler Tour de Suisse crash would have felt hyperbolic about claiming. So Viviani is out of the gold medal?

TRENDING THREADS