• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Mark Cavendish Discussion Thread

Page 122 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Cav needs 4 stages to draw level with Mercx, 5 to take the all time TDF Stage winner crown. Is it even remotely possible? I am gutted for Bennett, very sad he won't get to defend his green jersey!

I think that depends entirely on 2 things:

1. Ewan.
If he performs at his top level, Cavendish has no chance IMO.

2. WvA
If he gets to sprint all the bunch sprints, he is probably also faster than Cav.

However the rest, incl. the "non-sprinters like MvdP and Mads P, I think Cavendish can very well beat, if he is in his best shape, and DQ gives him the usual perfect lead out, with Asgreen, Ballerini and Moerkoev.

• Wow
Reactions: jmdirt
I think that depends entirely on 2 things:

1. Ewan.
If he performs at his top level, Cavendish has no chance IMO.

2. WvA
If he gets to sprint all the bunch sprints, he is probably also faster than Cav.

However the rest, incl. the "non-sprinters like MvdP and Mads P, I think Cavendish can very well beat, if he is in his best shape, and DQ gives him the usual perfect lead out, with Asgreen, Ballerini and Moerkoev.
Why to you think that WvA is faster than MVdP?

Get 'em Cav!

Reactions: SHAD0W93

TRENDING THREADS