• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Mark Cavendish Discussion Thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
@MarkCavendish: Hoping all the riders in #voltacatalunya who got sick or injured in todays stage are ok. Sounded like a nasty one!

How dare he.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Andy99 said:
@MarkCavendish: Hoping all the riders in #voltacatalunya who got sick or injured in todays stage are ok. Sounded like a nasty one!

How dare he.

Many people on this forum, including me, like his tweets. I just find his racing style incredibly boring. So there's really no point in posting tweets here. For every good tweet of him there's also a stupid one by the way. But I'm sure you're already aware of that.

He's angry today that someone made him crash. But in the Tour de Suisse 2010 riders were having a protest because of Cav's dangerous racing behaviour! That's what we call being a hypocrite.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Nick C. said:
But he's got a hot girlfriend.
Edit to add the depreciation: Too hot for a man of his looks.

+1. I have never had a girlfriend with such big boobs and I am much better looking than Cav. A little short on £££ though :(

Christian said:
As for me, the guy spat on a rider who was down and injured because of a crash he himself caused ... nuff said

To be fair to Cavendish (not something I do often), he denies it, and Haussler doesn't remember it, though admits that he was dazed from the crash. The story came from either Roger Hammond or Jeremy Hunt when they led the fairly minorpéloton protest against Cavendish's behaviour the following day.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Many people on this forum, including me, like his tweets. I just find his racing style incredibly boring. So there's really no point in posting tweets here. For every good tweet of him there's also a stupid one by the way. But I'm sure you're already aware of that.

He's angry today that someone made him crash. But in the Tour de Suisse 2010 riders were having a protest because of Cav's dangerous racing behaviour! That's what we call being a hypocrite.

ONCE. and even then it was debatable.

Red Rick said:
I admit there are a lot of reasons to dislike the guy, but i'm still a bik fan of his. He may sound arrogant to you, but i think he's honoust and he's loyal to his teammates. I also bet that outclimbs 98% of the amateurs and 100% of this forum

Waw, you really would bet that!!? ...

Of course he would. But what does that have to do with anything?

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Red Rick said:
I admit there are a lot of reasons to dislike the guy, but i'm still a bik fan of his. He may sound arrogant to you, but i think he's honoust and he's loyal to his teammates. I also bet that outclimbs 98% of the amateurs and 100% of this forum

He would out-climb me for sure, but why does that matter? We're not professional cyclists. We have different professions.

Red Rick said:

100% of the regular posters, perhaps. But not 100% of the registered users.

Marco Pinotti has posted here, and he would outclimb Cav for sure.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
- Better competition(duh)
- Harder stage than any of his wins in TDU
- Raced harder than any of his wins in TDU

It wasn't just a normal flat stage that day you know :)
!

Neither was Cav's win on stage 5 in fact it was a much harder stage to win that Greipel's for a sprinter and its not like I saw Greipel anywhere up there on that stage....

zigmeister said:
But in Oman, wasn't Cav sick a few days?

We all know, if it isn't perfectly flat all day, Cav has no chance. That is normal for most sprinters.

There are only a few that can climb descent, Sagan and the likes.

Hushovd can climb and then some. Boonen can climb. Barbie is all right at it too. Ok none of those is as good as Cav at sprinting but the first 2 have also won WC's in a sprint, and also have a green jersey (2 in thors case) .

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Froome19 said:
Neither was Cav's win on stage 5 in fact it was a much harder stage to win that Greipel's for a sprinter and its not like I saw Greipel anywhere up there on that stage....

I did not discredit Cav's win there.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
I did not discredit Cav's win there.

You cant have the best of both worlds.. Everybody has bad moments and everybody have good moments, if you just castigate the rider due to his bad moments then it is clear that you just irrationally hate him.

Anyway my point still stands why are Cav's wins any better than Greipel's...?

Froome19 said:
So how does he win then, if he doesnt race? :rolleyes:

sitting in behind his teammates who shelter him from wind, rain, and let him loose the last 300 metres, great rider

Compare that to Greipel or Cippolini who dare to attack, like Farrar did in Het Nieuwsblad that are real riders...

They win less but animate the race a lot more than Cav

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
No, it wasn't. He's not the most dangerous man in the peloton though, that title goes to Peter Sagan.

Nacer Bouhanni also some serious competition for that title from what it sounds like

Libertine Seguros said:
100% of the regular posters, perhaps. But not 100% of the registered users.

Marco Pinotti has posted here, and he would outclimb Cav for sure.

Interesting, didn't know that! Richie Porte also confessed to being a lurker or at least a reader at times, maybe he is also registered?

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Froome19 said:
Wow you just managed to insult every single sprinter... How is Greipel then any better than Cav, even if he has a tad more ability in classics etc he also gets all his wins by sprinting...

2011 stage 1, De Panne: Greipel (worth a watch!)

Lexman said:
sitting in behind his teammates who shelter him from wind, rain, and let him loose the last 300 metres, great rider

Compare that to Greipel or Cippolini who dare to attack, like Farrar did in Het Nieuwsblad that are real riders...

They win less but animate the race a lot more than Cav

I say, again, that Cav ONLY EVER does what his DS asks him to do. And every single one of us, in their position, would tell him to do the same thing that they do, given what he's capable of in those 300m.

TRENDING THREADS