• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Martin is not happy with Alpe d'huez descend.

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should the descent be allowed in the race?

• Normally no but it might be the only chance to do something against Froome.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
But hey...
stage_18_profile_600_1_670.jpg

Wow, 170KM, 2 big climbs.
Race will probably be on from the second half of the Alpe.

Of course the two times on the Alpe are ridiculous, they should have climbed the Col de Sarenne instead, imho.

Tony is a whiner.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Peccio89 said:
They have ridden even more dangerous descent in recent years, like for example Gavia descending toward Ponte di Legno.

How do you dare to compare the Tour to the Giro in this? :D

Seriously, someone tell Martin that nothing can prevent crashes if you descend like Fränk Schleck. I don't see anything here. And if he's concerned about the gruppetto, it's not like the Tour is too strict enforcing time limits when the autobus is crowded with lots of passengers.

Inquitus said:
Well looking at the drop offs, all it takes is one mistake and you are into a world of hurt, serious injury, and perhaps death. I don't think its an unreasonable concern for him to have.

Yup, having seen that video I'm not sure this descent is a great idea...

In the wet it would be just asking for a serious accident.

TRENDING THREADS