• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Matteo Jorgenson has now outclassed his peers from the Chambery-system

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Has Horner ever been the next great American hope? In my memory he's always been old.

Yes indeed when Hornen was still racing he did look very old , a combination of being bald and his hunched posture . At times he looked like Nosferatu on a bike

But Now when I see him on his Youtube channel I am struck by how young his face is....his features are small and he appears bright eyed and bushy tailed all the time

Reactions: Sandisfan
Jorgenson gets taken out after the race ...
https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling...-injury-in-post-race-crash-at-e3-saxo-classic
On a day full of incidents at the E3 Saxo Classic, Team Visma | Lease a Bike were arguably the team worst effected by crashes with the drama continuing even after their riders crossed the finish line.

“I was behind a rider from another team who didn’t look back and just turned to his bus immediately, without looking, and completely took me out,” the recent Paris-Nice winner explained in quotes collected by GCN post-race. “We were going 15km/h… it’s more just insult to injury, more than anything.”

• Sad
Reactions: Sandisfan
Won’t he be someone send up the road mid-race to try to force other teams to pull and also be available to then drop back to a group with Wout. So theoretically he could last late into the race, and try and hold on till the final climb of olde Kwaremont.
Someone may play that role but I don't think it would be MJ who is probably the second or third strongest of the classics squad and no longer a sleeper...

His best chance is probably if Wout crashes out because he was strong enough at e3 to remain the unquestionable leader.

Shout out to Matteo! His
Someone may play that role but I don't think it would be MJ who is probably the second or third strongest of the classics squad and no longer a sleeper...

His best chance is probably if Wout crashes out because he was strong enough at e3 to remain the unquestionable leader.
I don't believe in curses, but this ended up being prophetic.

Shout out to Matteo!! His first major win of 2024 was overshadowed merely by the fact that Remco didn't win, and today is overshadowed by the fact that Wout isn't going to win anything for awhile.

Here's hoping something very special happens on Sunday!!