• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

McQuaid: 2010 Giro blood tests show cycling is cleaner

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

goober said:
My understanding is that was a media statement and not official statement. I will find the official statement that was translated - did not mention any transfusion and/or riders with drugs on them - only Leali's 'bag' of goods.

I read about butterfly needles, etc. Maybe that was something invented by a reporter, but I have only read one report, so I wouldn't know.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I read about butterfly needles, etc. Maybe that was something invented by a reporter, but I have only read one report, so I wouldn't know.

Yeah I saw that also, maybe someone has more information than the official statement. You need butterfly needles to stich up your bibb :)

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
goober said:
Yeah I saw that also, maybe someone has more information than the official statement. You need butterfly needles to stich up your bibb :)

Here is what it is. Used for rapid infusion of saline/glucose, also blood.

Image1.jpg

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Colm.Murphy said:
Here is what it is. Used for rapid infusion of saline/glucose, also blood.

Image1.jpg

Yeah - I use those to sew up my tubulars :). Has anyone seen an official statement about these being found on the team? I only saw something about 1000MG IBU and stuff like that.

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
goober said:
Link already provided in this thread earlier.

No, you provided a link to a pubmed abstract of the 2007 article. The abstract itself does not answer these questions, and since I can only acces pubmed from campus, i was hoping that you could answer:

1) What exactly do you mean by "the whole bayesian filter analysis".

2) In the 2007 article do they use a Bayesian or longitudal normal model or something else?

3) What makes you think that the Bayesian model is more apropriate for analyzing LA's data from the tour of 09?

4) Which model and method does the biological passport as it is now use when estimating expected variance in blood values?

I really hope you will take the time to answer these questions, I am very interested in statistics, and I have never seen anybody using Bayesian analysis on anything in real life.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
HL2037 said:
No, you provided a link to a pubmed abstract of the 2007 article. The abstract itself does not answer these questions, and since I can only acces pubmed from campus, i was hoping that you could answer:

1) What exactly do you mean by "the whole bayesian filter analysis".

2) In the 2007 article do they use a Bayesian or longitudal normal model or something else?

3) What makes you think that the Bayesian model is more apropriate for analyzing LA's data from the tour of 09?

4) Which model and method does the biological passport as it is now use when estimating expected variance in blood values?

I really hope you will take the time to answer these questions, I am very interested in statistics, and I have never seen anybody using Bayesian analysis on anything in real life.

Yes. On page 8 of the thread. Since UCI does not provide great details this link might help.