• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Page 132 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

shalgo said:

There is one story, that suggest the quote was attributed to Einstein as an experiment. Is was pre-Internet and a Univeristy class wanted to see if they could 'naturally' propel a quote by attaching it to an esteemed person. I guess the term 'going viral' would be appropriate these days.

The quote is mainly associated with narcotics anonymous from the 1950s and less Einstein until the Internet came along and decided it was from Einstein.

Psychology Today suggests the quote itself is incorrect per it's use of language and terms, it attributes it to Rita Mae Brown;

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/in-therapy/200907/the-definition-insanity-is

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Thanks for sending CheckMyPecs on a short holiday

Banning someone for cracking a joke in the Ali thread by calling it trolling? Brilliant. We wouldn't want anyone to have any fun here.

Not as good as the ban for complaining about a ban for similarly asinine reasons and posting a PM that proved it. Another brilliant attempt to get rid of contributors.

I am surprised Marky Mark came back, but it was only a single post in the "about" forum so another one gone.
My theory is that Dan is a plant from Bike genius and has succeeded in damaging this forum beyond that forum's wildest dreams.

Of course, you could see the writing on the wall when a member was banned for threatening another member when he told him to "F off and die" and the mods refused to acknowledge they had misinterpreted a common English expression.

Re: Re:

DamianoMachiavelli said:
LaFlorecita said:
Thanks for sending CheckMyPecs on a short holiday

Of course, you could see the writing on the wall when a member was banned for threatening another member when he told him to "F off and die" and the mods refused to acknowledge they had misinterpreted a common English expression.

When was this? Even if said person didn't truly wish death upon the other, that kind of language is objectively vile and has no place here.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
I appreciate blackmamba being gone for. Good job!

Agreed, but we should expect Cycling news wars: the attack of the clones.

I don't want to address the issue of mental illness, or lack thereof, but blackmamba always tried to impose his opinion while insulting others. That's a behavior not acceptable in life. Let's just hope the guy doesn't do it in his life outside this forum, because when he's not trying to impose his beliefs, he's a laugh provider.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Ray seems borderline mentally disturbed at times so I'm glad he was banned again. Always ended out in confrontations when I debated him

Surely that is an affront to him - how can you say he is close to being mentally disturbed without it being seen as a slur. I'm sorry - that is a shocking comment.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Ray had some good posts in the Clinic when he was new. I didn't really follow him after that, though i do remember he was a passionate supporter of 9-11 conspiracy theories.
But whatever Ray said or believed in, I don't think any of that suffices to call him mentally disturbed.
There are plenty people who believe in God and/or Jesus, despite there being preciously little evidence for the existence of either God or Jesus. Furthermore, there are plenty of people who *speak* to God and/or Jesus, again, in the total absence of any tangible evidence of their existence.
Are all those people mentally disturbed? Not in my book.

Re:

sniper said:
Ray had some good posts in the Clinic when he was new. I didn't really follow him after that, though i do remember he was a passionate supporter of 9-11 conspiracy theories.
But whatever Ray said or believed in, I don't think any of that suffices to call him mentally disturbed.
There are plenty people who believe in God and/or Jesus, despite there being preciously little evidence for the existence of either God or Jesus. Furthermore, there are plenty of people who *speak* to God and/or Jesus, again, in the total absence of any tangible evidence of their existence.

Thanks. :p

I don't mean to derail the thread, but I can't resist. It's a pretty well known fact of history that Jesus existed. You might disagree with what people say he was, but he is an actual figure in history.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

Jspear said:
sniper said:

I don't mean to derail the thread, but I can't resist. It's a pretty well known fact of history that Jesus existed. You might disagree with what people say he was, but he is an actual figure in history.
ha, touche. i was cutting some corners there to make a quick point. thanks for the correction.
we could replace jesus for any kind of spiritual entity.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Jspear said:
sniper said:

Didn't he ride for Kelme?? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.