• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Page 150 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Irondan said:
I have no idea what this has to do with the actual topic of the thread.

Please post any comments/complaints about moderation in the proper thread.
Apologies, got no issues with you mods right now, personally. But if I should in the future -

Would you prefer the EPO, blood bag, or the motorized version of a spitball?

(If this makes sense to anyone besides me it probably shouldn't.)

Again, apologies.
 
Re:

42x16ss said:
Only a few years late...

What was the straw that broke the camel's back? He's been making aggressive, racist and sexist posts regularly since he joined.
One troll comment too many.

We didn't perma ban him for trolling though, but for the accumulation of bans.
 
Miburo is banned permanently for trolling and abuse of forum staff.
I'm sorry to hear that he abused the staff, I guess that happened out of sight for us regulars.

While Miburo had an at times confrontational style, I think he often qualified his opinions so that they weren't destructive/disturbing(in a harmful way), although I grant that wasn't always the case (actually, I don't even think I can say whether that was the case the majority of times or not). I don't think it was very fortunate for anyone that his confrontations often targeted one poster, but as mentioned just before, I don't think confrontation itself is/was the problem.

Finally, I hope that he will lay low for a while and later contact one of the mods, when he is ready to change that part of his posting style that makes him non grata. I honestly think that it's realistic to see him back later this year contributing to the discussions here without any behavior more harmful than most others.

The irony is that he thought of me as biased against him (and iirc unfit to be a mod), while I never banned him, gave any warnings to him, nor gave him any infractions. And now I'm the one to dread his perma-ban :eek:
 
The Contador thread will never be the same again :cry:
I liked his at times extremely optimistic and often extremely hyped posts. I think people like him make the forum a lot more entertaining to read. Nevertheless thats ofc no excuse for abusing forum staff.
 
Mburo's gone? Ah a shame.

I know he could get a little crazy at times but don't we all. Fundamentally I think I was almost always an ally with him, in almost all sections on the forum. Liked the guy a lot.

Hey man. If you see this, give me a dm on twitter.
 
Re: Re:

Irondan said:
TheSpud said:
"Wallace is perma banned for threatening to kill another member."

Wow - what is going on here? Threatening to kill???
Politics...
Haha who did he threaten to kill.

Isn't wallace the one who once said he would leave the forum after his 500 post, then left the forum for a year but came back.

Made some what I have to admit intelligent posts over the years, even if he also made many I didn't agree with. There was one from the 2010 Giro about ghost Coppi. In response to Hugo koblet. Back when CN forum really was a world of fun
 
Nov 8, 2012
11,640
0
0
Re: Re:

The Hitch said:
Irondan said:
TheSpud said:
"Wallace is perma banned for threatening to kill another member."

Wow - what is going on here? Threatening to kill???
Politics...
Haha who did he threaten to kill.

Isn't wallace the one who once said he would leave the forum after his 500 post, then left the forum for a year but came back.

Made some what I have to admit intelligent posts over the years, even if he also made many I didn't agree with. There was one from the 2010 Giro about ghost Coppi. In response to Hugo koblet. Back when CN forum really was a world of fun
A harmless dude from SoCal.
 
Oct 6, 2009
4,660
0
0
Re: Re:

Scott SoCal said:
The Hitch said:
Irondan said:
TheSpud said:
"Wallace is perma banned for threatening to kill another member."

Wow - what is going on here? Threatening to kill???
Politics...
Haha who did he threaten to kill.

Isn't wallace the one who once said he would leave the forum after his 500 post, then left the forum for a year but came back.

Made some what I have to admit intelligent posts over the years, even if he also made many I didn't agree with. There was one from the 2010 Giro about ghost Coppi. In response to Hugo koblet. Back when CN forum really was a world of fun
A harmless dude from SoCal.
I first read this as "a homeless dude from SoCal."
 
Dec 7, 2010
8,307
1
0
Re: Re:

Beech Mtn said:
Scott SoCal said:
The Hitch said:
Irondan said:
TheSpud said:
"Wallace is perma banned for threatening to kill another member."

Wow - what is going on here? Threatening to kill???
Politics...
Haha who did he threaten to kill.

Isn't wallace the one who once said he would leave the forum after his 500 post, then left the forum for a year but came back.

Made some what I have to admit intelligent posts over the years, even if he also made many I didn't agree with. There was one from the 2010 Giro about ghost Coppi. In response to Hugo koblet. Back when CN forum really was a world of fun
A harmless dude from SoCal.
I first read this as "a homeless dude from SoCal."
Which is the same thing I did.

To be fair there are a large population of "homeless in SoCal".

Back in 2013 I had a 6 month "vacation" that I ended up using all my money traveling and seeing everything from Yosemite, Redwoods, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, entire lower half of Utah.....but while I was in Cali...from NoCal to SoCal....there were more homeless and hippy's than I have ever seen in my entire lifetime. It was surreal.
 
Jul 10, 2010
697
0
0
What has happened to Sniper ? I enjoyed his posts. Loved the way he dealt with those on the motor thread whose collective response seemed to be summarised as "la la la there are no motors in any bicycles, la la la I can't hear you, la la la Femke is the high priestess of motorised doping, la la la I can't hear you. la la la a car battery weighs and ton and where would you hide it, la la la I can't hear you."
 
Freddythefrog said:
What has happened to Sniper ? I enjoyed his posts. Loved the way he dealt with those on the motor thread whose collective response seemed to be summarised as "la la la there are no motors in any bicycles, la la la I can't hear you, la la la Femke is the high priestess of motorised doping, la la la I can't hear you. la la la a car battery weighs and ton and where would you hide it, la la la I can't hear you."
He's been around, right now he's serving a short ban but he's still very active when he's not banned.
 
Freddythefrog said:
What has happened to Sniper ? I enjoyed his posts. Loved the way he dealt with those on the motor thread whose collective response seemed to be summarised as "la la la there are no motors in any bicycles, la la la I can't hear you, la la la Femke is the high priestess of motorised doping, la la la I can't hear you. la la la a car battery weighs and ton and where would you hide it, la la la I can't hear you."
I enjoy reading Tom The Engine posts a lot more. They are actually nuanced and you can tell he knows a lot more on the topic than sniper does, fx.
 
Freddythefrog said:
What has happened to Sniper ? I enjoyed his posts. Loved the way he dealt with those on the motor thread whose collective response seemed to be summarised as "la la la there are no motors in any bicycles, la la la I can't hear you, la la la Femke is the high priestess of motorised doping, la la la I can't hear you. la la la a car battery weighs and ton and where would you hide it, la la la I can't hear you."
Do you even read the motor thread?
 
kingjr said:
Freddythefrog said:
What has happened to Sniper ? I enjoyed his posts. Loved the way he dealt with those on the motor thread whose collective response seemed to be summarised as "la la la there are no motors in any bicycles, la la la I can't hear you, la la la Femke is the high priestess of motorised doping, la la la I can't hear you. la la la a car battery weighs and ton and where would you hide it, la la la I can't hear you."
Do you even read the motor thread?
I think he does, but you wouldn't think so. I think he as well is under the assumption that everyone is doping and using motors so actual evidence isn't needed. Reckless speculation on the other hand very much is.
 
Valv.Piti said:
kingjr said:
Freddythefrog said:
What has happened to Sniper ? I enjoyed his posts. Loved the way he dealt with those on the motor thread whose collective response seemed to be summarised as "la la la there are no motors in any bicycles, la la la I can't hear you, la la la Femke is the high priestess of motorised doping, la la la I can't hear you. la la la a car battery weighs and ton and where would you hide it, la la la I can't hear you."
Do you even read the motor thread?
I think he does, but you wouldn't think so. I think he as well is under the assumption that everyone is doping and using motors so actual evidence isn't needed. Reckless speculation on the other hand very much is.
Sniper just isn't convinced that the only person to try and use a motor is a Belgian junior. The rumours have been around for long enough to suggest he's right.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS