• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Page 168 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Red Rick said:
Tricycle Rider said:
Benotti69 said:
Tonton said:
Late announcement: Koba80 perma-banned for a hateful post attention Gigs98 and trolling threats.

wrong thread? :D
I think this might be a glimpse of what the secret mod-only forum looks like. To be a fly on that wall...
It's mostly me complaining about not getting free coffee.

What no free coffee!!! A disgrace!!!

I don't usually do this, but I wanted to complain about a new member and suggest a ban and I thought this would be the best pace to do so.
Anyone who has been on the Froome or Contador thread in the PRR section recently would have noticed a new member called 'telencefalus' who has been trolling the treads, especially Froome's. 'Tele' has 84 posts and only joined the forum yesterday.
I don't know if s/he is just another / older member who has created a new account in order to troll or genuinely a new CN'er, but either way it is becoming increasingly frustrating as the conversation has become ridiculous and s/he is inundating the Froome thread with completely nonsensical and 'trolly' comments.
As of the time of writing, 7 of the last 8 comments on the Froome thread have been written by 'Tele,' and most are objectively ridiculous posts.

Re:

Ruby United said:
I don't usually do this, but I wanted to complain about a new member and suggest a ban and I thought this would be the best pace to do so.
Anyone who has been on the Froome or Contador thread in the PRR section recently would have noticed a new member called 'telencefalus' who has been trolling the treads, especially Froome's. 'Tele' has 84 posts and only joined the forum yesterday.
I don't know if s/he is just another / older member who has created a new account in order to troll or genuinely a new CN'er, but either way it is becoming increasingly frustrating as the conversation has become ridiculous and s/he is inundating the Froome thread with completely nonsensical and 'trolly' comments.
As of the time of writing, 7 of the last 8 comments on the Froome thread have been written by 'Tele,' and most are objectively ridiculous posts.
We're aware of the poster you're referring to and we'll be watching them closely.

As you said, they've posted 84 comments in 24 hours so we need time to read through them and figure out what we may or may not do.

Cheers :)

I don't care if somebody posts what. But his style is annoying. And definitely when he posts 5 in a row, like he is chatting. Either combine what you want to say in 1, longer, well thought out post, or don't post at all. He seems to literally post what he thinks at that minute.

Maybe the mods could just set him up his own private forum. It won't be that much different given he's talking to himself most of the time...

Looking forward to the "Well done for hitting 10,000 posts" thread he get, will probably be a week on Tuesday....

Re:

Hayabusa said:
Maybe the mods could just set him up his own private forum. It won't be that much different given he's talking to himself most of the time...

Looking forward to the "Well done for hitting 10,000 posts" thread he get, will probably be a week on Tuesday....
Next week? I think coming sunday already, when he posts 1.000 posts alone in the stage 21 topic about the great win by Trentin.

Re: Re:

Irondan said:
Valv.Piti said:
He is a new member, lets give him a little time to settle in, alright?
Agreed.

As long as he's posting within forum rules he should be given the leeway to post comments.

Agreed, but you should not be discussing an active forum member (named) who has not breached any forum rules with other forum members who simply find his/her posts annoying. Is that not against forum rules?

Re: Re:

ferryman said:
Irondan said:
Valv.Piti said:
He is a new member, lets give him a little time to settle in, alright?
Agreed.

As long as he's posting within forum rules he should be given the leeway to post comments.

Agreed, but you should not be discussing an active forum member (named) who has not breached any forum rules with other forum members who simply find his/her posts annoying. Is that not against forum rules?
Yeah, you're right.

This isn't even the correct thread to post a complaint in so if anyone has an issue with a member that hasn't broken any forum rules then you'll just have to deal with it.

TIA :)

Which is the correct thread to post a complaint? Cause it ain't funny anymore.

OKaDwhs.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS