• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Michael Rogers after leaving Sky

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Team owners knows exactly who the needle users are.

They also know about dope doctors.

Maybe they do, maybe they don't, I'm highly sceptical that they know the reality of every rider or team, anymore than they know for sure the potential of every rider out there.

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Yeah, this is a small sport and with riders chopping and changing teams regurlalry the news travels fast.

With news travelling fast, Rogers season will soon be amazing as will the rest of the Saxo team. How are they doing so far with Roger's insider info of the Sky 'wonder' programme? Oh yeah they're holding back and they'll unleash it at the Tour...don't want to attract attention like the stoopid Sky chappies. Will be awesome!:)

May 26, 2010
Visit site
xcleigh said:
With news travelling fast, Rogers season will soon be amazing as will the rest of the Saxo team. How are they doing so far with Roger's insider info of the Sky 'wonder' programme? Oh yeah they're holding back and they'll unleash it at the Tour...don't want to attract attention like the stoopid Sky chappies. Will be awesome!:)

And yet Rogers having a p!$$poor start leads you to believe the team he rode for last year were above board. The Sky MIB got to him!

Cycling from 1991 to present day has not changed, yet Sky can do it clean.....

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
What really irks me about Rogers is that he has 3x World Time Trial Championships to his belt, all of them very likely to be fraudulantly obtained. Probably enough evidence to get him (USADA report and his own admittance of seeing Michele Ferrari in 2005-2006), but no one seems to be acting on it. Where is the UCI on this ?

Bratam said:
What really irks me about Rogers is that he has 3x World Time Trial Championships to his belt, all of them very likely to be fraudulantly obtained. Probably enough evidence to get him (USADA report and his own admittance of seeing Michele Ferrari in 2005-2006), but no one seems to be acting on it. Where is the UCI on this ?

Seriously?

Dave.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Bratam said:

Somewhere between ASO and BC and a bank, rolling in green stuff.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Bratam said:

Michael Rogers has been consistently winning and dominating ages groups since he was 9 years old. He won Worlds as a junior on track and elite national titles while still a junior as well as a senior on road, so I don't think it necessarily follows that his World's were fraudulently obtained.

Except for his national TT in 2009 and ToC in 2010, his major titles came before he saw Ferrari.

I'm inclined to think that at least early in his career he was winning on the basis of his talent. More recently perhaps, not so much.

In any case, there is a rumour that Rogers is one of the riders ASADA is interested in as part of their ongoing investigation in doping in cycling.

Dear Wiggo said:
Somewhere between ASO and BC and a bank, rolling in green stuff.

Yes. Quite true. What would need to happen is a bunch of riders who share his National Anti-doping agency would have to go directly to the ADA.

As an example, Floyd Landis actually dropped the doping bomb to USADA and USA Cycling. Among other shenannigans, USA Cycling was the UCI's proxy and tried to shut USADA out. Same deal, different country.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
...USA Cycling was the UCI's proxy and tried to shut USADA out. Same deal, different country.

No, nothing has come out of CA in relation to Rogers. The current information is that his name is part of ASADA's investigation and CA are not in any way blocking anything like USAC did.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Bratam said:

[phonetic\]

U
C
I

all seeing eye

The Panopticon is a type of institutional building designed by English philosopher and social theorist Jeremy Bentham in the late 18th century. The concept of the design is to allow a watchman to observe (-opticon) all (pan-) inmates of an institution without them being able to tell whether or not they are being watched.

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
peterst6906 said:
Except for his national TT in 2009 and ToC in 2010, his major titles came before he saw Ferrari.
So he wins 3x WTT Championships in a row 2003, 2004 & 2005 and then decides he needs to see Ferrari in 2005. Why see Ferrari when you have just beaten the rest of the world 3 years running ? According to Rogers because "he is the best coach in the world,"
BTW, the 2005 WTT took place on September 20 and we know that Michael Rogers attended multiple training camps with Ferrari in 2005. http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rogers-it-was-a-mistake-to-work-with-ferrari.

Most likely some or all of these training camps with Ferrari were before September 20.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Bratam said:
So he wins 3x WTT Championships in a row 2003, 2004 & 2005 and then decides he needs to see Ferrari in 2005. Why see Ferrari when you have just beaten the rest of the world 3 years running ? According to Rogers because "he is the best coach in the world,"
BTW, the 2005 WTT took place on September 20 and we know that Michael Rogers attended multiple training camps with Ferrari in 2005. http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rogers-it-was-a-mistake-to-work-with-ferrari.

Sure. I'm not saying he is clean, just that based on his natural talent winning since he started riding competitively, it doesn't have to follow that his World TTs were obtained fraudulently.

He has plenty of history from a young age showing he was going to be a World beater.

As to why he would also go and see a doping doctor after already being able to beat everyone is anyone's guess. Maybe he wanted more. Maybe he knew he couldn't stay at the same level forever and wanted longer. Maybe, maybe, maybe. Who knows.

Hopefully we'll see in time.

Most likely some or all of these training camps with Ferrari were before September 20.

Most likely - based on what? Divinity?

Possibly they were, but unless you can post the dates, you are just guessing like anyone would be. No facts available to suggest most likely at all.

Bratam said:

Where has this anger come from Bratam? The UCI is secondary go to ASADA https://www.asada.gov.au/stampoutdoping/index.php go here and provide the details!

I would suggest that Rogers has performed as many observers and competitors have expected. As a down side he is married to an Italian and has lived there since the early 90's so he is probably a cheat! If his Mum is alive she probably still loves him.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Didn't someone accuse him in Canada 02?

Rogers? or are you thinking of Barry?

He did win the Tour de Beauce, so he was there at the time and riding for Mapei too, but I don't recall anything from then in relation to specific allegations against Rogers.

Since Mapei were widely doping even earlier then that, it may be his connection with the team prior to it's folding over drugs that is related to general allegations.

peterst6906 said:
Rogers? or are you thinking of Barry?

He did with Tour de Beauce, so he was there at the time and riding for Mapei too, but I don't recall anything from then in relation to specific allegations against Rogers.

Since Mapei were widely doping even earlier then that, it may be his connection with the team prior to it's folding over drugs that is related to general allegations.

Yes, that is probably the case. DeCanio wasn't happy losing to him.

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
timmers said:
Where has this anger come from Bratam?
It's nothing personal against Rogers. He could be the nicest bloke in the world, i don't know and nor do i care. I don't care where they come from. I just want to see everyone who has achieved results fraudulently to be exposed. Let the records show the titles that were genuine and those that were fraudulently obtained by doping.

The fact that Sky demanded all of their riders to sign their anti doping policy in October (2012) after Rogers was implicated in the USADA report http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/team-sky-asks-riders-and-staff-to-sign-anti-doping-declaration and then you hear deafening silence ......... I was personally waiting to hear if Rogers would sign after being implicated in USADA report.......... And then no surprise to hear that Rogers conveniently does the runner a few weeks later. Response from Sky "no comment". Not hard to join the dots.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Bratam said:
It's nothing personal against Rogers. He could be the nicest bloke in the world, i don't know and nor do i care. I don't care where they come from. I just want to see everyone who has achieved results fraudulently to be exposed. Let the records show the titles that were genuine and those that were fraudulently obtained by doping.

FWIW, your post did not read as "anger" at all. Being irked is about as relaxed a reaction to something you can have. Definitely nowhere near anger. There's some overly sensitive types here.

Bratam said:
The fact that Sky demanded all of their riders to sign their anti doping policy in October (2012) after Rogers was implicated in the USADA report http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/team-sky-asks-riders-and-staff-to-sign-anti-doping-declaration and then you hear deafening silence ......... I was personally waiting to hear if Rogers would sign after being implicated in USADA report.......... And then no surprise to hear that Rogers conveniently does the runner a few weeks later. Response from Sky "no comment". Not hard to join the dots.

Yes, we have had press releases that all the riders have signed the paper.

But as far as I know / remember, despite asking, noone knows what the piece of paper says. Noone has seen signed bits of paper, or photocopies, or anything.

So we take DB's word that they have been signed, and that it was something worth signing.

PR exercise IMO.