• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Michael Rogers after leaving Sky

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
peterst6906 said:
Bratam said:
Most likely some or all of these training camps with Ferrari were before September 20, 2005
Most likely - based on what? Divinity?

Possibly they were, but unless you can post the dates, you are just guessing like anyone would be. No facts available to suggest most likely at all.

Try May and June 2005. 7th paragraph here http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/team-sky-asks-riders-and-staff-to-sign-anti-doping-declaration.

Levi Leipheimers affidavit, see page 9 and 10 here http://d3epuodzu3wuis.cloudfront.net/Leipheimer,+Levi,+Affidavit.pdf

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
So ****poor start to the year = previous team were doping.

Whilst I don't doubt Sky are doping, that seems a fairly feeble argument.

So Lotto are doping, BMC aren't (Gilbert), Quickstep are doping, Sky aren't (Cavendish), Sky are doping, Saxo aren't (Rogers), its a very strange logic.

Illness, injury, season targets all play a huge amount in a riders performance. To suggest in March that Mick Rogers is suddenly a shadow of his former self is stretching it a bit.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Rogers was amazing last year. And now he has turned to ****. Its amazing to see Porte winning everything he wants, while Rogers is struggling to finish 17 minutes down. Are these the same two riders from last year?

Anyway, maybe sir Riis is saving him for the tour. But its not looking good right now.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a funny feeling that, to use jens attacks' brilliant terminology, Saxo Bank will peak like angels at the Tour. Should be quite a battle.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
will10 said:
I have a funny feeling that, to use jens attacks' brilliant terminology, Saxo Bank will peak like angels at the Tour. Should be quite a battle.

What will happen then in the clinic? Joy or trash saxo?

Or both? :D

The read section will be all joy i'm assuming. Well i haven't seen many sky-fans. Not necessarily saxo fans but many want sky to go down.

And it'll take a while before it happens clinic-wise, so the road is where it needs to be done.

If all saxo guys are in top shape they should be close but they've no richie though.

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Rogers was amazing last year. And now he has turned to ****. Its amazing to see Porte winning everything he wants, while Rogers is struggling to finish 17 minutes down. Are these the same two riders from last year?

Anyway, maybe sir Riis is saving him for the tour. But its not looking good right now.

Not sure how I would feel after being outed as a doper. Gotta hurt your motivation.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Bratam said:

Thanks. That's good info.

Clearly it wasn't divinity and at least some of the sessions were before Sept 05, which would suggest (despite his claims) that he was likely doping before the last of his World TT championships. If that's the case, then I hope that is proved by ASADA and he loses that title.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
will10 said:
The Saxo's were well prepared in last years Vuelta, to say the least.

Bjarne will take them to a survival week in june instead of the Dauphinee.

Rogers will have maserati fuel.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Just show how demoralizing it is to reach a pinnacle i;e Sky and then have to go to in comparison a two bob unproffessional outfit who obviously dont train as hard or plan as weell.

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
leon7766 said:
Just show how demoralizing it is to reach a pinnacle i;e Sky and then have to go to in comparison a two bob unproffessional outfit who obviously dont train as hard or plan as weell.

Amen brother.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
will10 said:

Not going to happen, I think. UCI and ASO won't want Tour 100 won by someone with a public ban on his record - they'll watch Saxo like hawks. For all we know, that's the problem already...

Add in AC can't afford to be caught boosting a second time, and the 'there' 's not there...

martinvickers said:
Not going to happen, I think. UCI and ASO won't want Tour 100 won by someone with a public ban on his record - they'll watch Saxo like hawks. For all we know, that's the problem already...

Add in AC can't afford to be caught boosting a second time, and the 'there' 's not there...

yup, anglo wins are good for the sport

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
And coincidentally the increase in audience share for the British pretty much replaces the audience drop-off in Germany since the end of the T-Mobile era.

Replaces? More than replaces, because British people are at least 4x as good and wholesome as anyone else in the world.