• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Michal Kwiatkowski Thread

Page 37 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yes but that’s because he got older and smarter (saving energy, waiting for the right moment, etc.) Form wise he certainly hasn’t been better at Ineos than when he was with QST. Strade and WC was peak Kwiatkowski and that was during his QST days.
Older and smarter, saving energy and waiting for the right moment is pretty much how SKY and INEOS win races. Even with Egan's historic Tour victory he had older, more experienced team mates and team staff, plus he saved energy and waited for the right moment to take Yellow.

And older, smarter, saving energy and waiting for the right moment is also a very precise description of the way Stannard beat three Quick Step riders that very memorable day in 2015!

Many of us have come to understand and accept (and appreciate!) that racing is a little different to a Watt-bike test.

I'm pretty much sure he is not "forced" to, otherwise he would be long gone to another team. ;)
Not literally of course, but I'm sure that was the deal he made when he signed that fat pay check. I think it's a mistake, both from him and from Ineos, he's wasting his talent by doing that. I don't see Sagan, Van Avermaet, Alaphilippe, Valverde, Gilbert slaving for 3 weeks for anybody, and he's as good as those guys.

Reactions: Akuryo and yaco
Kwiatkowski had a funny way of thanking Dumoulin for whispering his name in G's ear on the final podium in the 2018 Tour when G couldn't remember the last name from his team, taking the Dutchman down yesterday...

No, it seemed like an honest mistake, though, you would say Kwiato should be a bit more experienced and well-bike-handling than that.

That was an unexpectedly heartwarming moment, he's been their MVP for years now and I never realised the guy hadn't won a GT stage.

Hopefully Brailsford doesn't ruin it like he usually does with some lame PR nonsense that it was all part of some pseudo scientific master plan like Kwiato has been using modified toilet seats in the weeks before when taking a *** to emulate the Glières.

I remember him battling it out with Moreno Moser in the 2012 Tour of Pologne. At the time I thought both of them would dominate the hilly races for a long long time.
Turns out one of them was a bit better than the other.

I'm genuinely happy for his win yesterday. Hard to believe he had yet to win the GT stage, considering his talent and skillset. But that tells you a lot about cycling also. One year you're the best all arounder in town, bound to win races left and right for decades, the next you mistimed your prep or have to domestique for somebody else or another all arounder comes to town and wins the races you were supposed to dominate. And you go ten years among the pros without winning a GT stage.

Reactions: gregrowlerson

TRENDING THREADS