• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Michal Kwiatkowski Thread

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well, he showed a nice performance during the mountain stages of the Dauphine.

Nice to see him (again) in a good shape when it is about serious climbing. But I am worried about whether this will make him thinking (again) about GC in the mountain WT stage races or, even worse, in the GT.

*** the quick said:
Well, he showed a nice performance during the mountain stages of the Dauphine.

Nice to see him (again) in a good shape when it is about serious climbing. But I am worried about whether this will make him thinking (again) about GC in the mountain WT stage races or, even worse, in the GT.

Last month he said that he will never specialize. He said he is happy to be a jack of all traits and that he can win different races depending on adjustments in his training and calendar but he will never go all out and focus on climbing alone or something like that.

Exactly. And it seems to be very overlooked. Guys who are much less relevant to GC are spoken about more. I am bit biased because he is my favorite cyclist, but wish he would have gotten much more credit. Plus he actually goes live after every stage (on fb profile) to talk about his thoughts, events, etc.). Today he was sitting on a bus with Poljanski and hence the news about Majka having extensive injuries but making it a point of honor to finish the stage. Unfortunately only in Polish

Re:

silvergrenade said:
He lost 36 minutes...
Wow!
He must have gone really really deep!

I will pull this number out of my a** but in last two days he has worked alone at the front for like 60-70km or even more. Yesterday he controlled escape time gap at first with help of Knees and later all alone for hours. He did a lot of work today too. I'm not surprised he decided to take it easy at some point...

Like seriously, is there anything this guy can't do of he sets his mind to it? This time, superdomestique. He's like that picture of Johnny Depp:

they-said-i-could-be-anything-i-want-so-i-did-johnny-depp.jpg

TRENDING THREADS