• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Michal Kwiatkowski Thread

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The schedule is from his live feed on youtube. He was non-committal when it comes to ITT.
To paraphrase, he said Plouay --> Britain --> TTT ........didnt say anything specific about ITT or individual race, and after that he answered the question about end of the season which he said will be in Lombardy.
So no idea whether he will go to ITT. Poland has Bodnar and Bialoblocki as possible contestants as well, although Kwiato > Bialoblocki imho, but if he doesn't see a chance for a podium then why bother going at all?

damian13ster said:
The schedule is from his live feed on youtube. He was non-committal when it comes to ITT.
To paraphrase, he said Plouay --> Britain --> TTT ........didnt say anything specific about ITT or individual race, and after that he answered the question about end of the season which he said will be in Lombardy.
So no idea whether he will go to ITT. Poland has Bodnar and Bialoblocki as possible contestants as well, although Kwiato > Bialoblocki imho, but if he doesn't see a chance for a podium then why bother going at all?
I fear Bodnar won't have a big chance either because of the climb at the end of the route.

He won't be favorite, that's for sure.
It's hard to look past Dumoulin, Roglic will be strong too. Castroviejo should be strong as well and there is couple more contenders. For Bodnar though, individual race doesn't matter and he is still undeniably in top 2 in Poland so he will give it his all. And he posted good time on the hill in TdF TT so who knows?

Re:

gregrowlerson said:
Hope this guy does get to go for GC in a GT one day (though not totally at the expense of his other abilities). I didn't even realise that he finished 11th in the Tour in 2013. Could Sky make him a semi protected rider like Landa was, for next years Tour?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/kwiatkowski-i-would-love-to-go-for-gc-on-a-grand-tour/

Yes..
It would be great, if Michał would have an opportunity to fight for GC in GT.
But in 2018 it's not possible, 5th Froome's win in TdF is obvious goal for Sky, and even with all available, crucial doms (like GT, W. Poels) he will have to wait.. at least till 2019.
Monuments.. yes, why not, but if someone follows his interviews it's obvious: he dreams about wins in GT.

Im glad that he goes back to Flanders. Sky will be extremely dangerous with both Moscon and Kwiatkowski in the flemish races, and they even have Van Baarle as well which makes the loss of Rowe and decline of Stannard fine for Sky. Kwito is a rider I admire very much and I hope for some great duels between him, Greg, Sagan and Gilbert, the 4 best riders in the world in the flemish classics IMO. Then you also have dangerous outsider who can go all the way in Sep and Naesen, its looking good for those races.

Re:

Bot. Sky_Bot said:
Ups....
We should keep in mind what CF said during last TdF: I'm not sure who should be a team leader, who should be a teammate..

MK to be top 5 in GC after week 1 in July, already having gained a minute plus on many of his rivals.

That is pretty realistic. What chances from that point for him to win the Tour? For me it is far from impossible.

What a season our man is having!

All this classics talk is just to go under the radar in July ;)

Actually this guy is so good, that with some luck he can do really well in one day races and in GT's. Put on a couple of kg's in the next fortnight, then another few weeks after that start to shed that, and be about 5 kg's under his current weight for the TDF. Having said that, doing so might make it a little bit difficult to get back to peak form for the World Championships.

TRENDING THREADS