• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Michal Kwiatkowski Thread

Page 33 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Gigs_98 said:
Velolover2 said:
This guy must be smelling blood in the Ronde.

Most of the favorites seem to be below par.
I really don't think Kwiat has any chance in the ronde (except if he specifically prepared for it which I don't think since he would have raced on friday and today too then). In 2016 he was in a great position but it was clear that he just doesn't have the engine for climbs like the Kwaremont.

He won E3 in 2016, I think the Ronde was just a bad day for him.

Michał interview after today's stage:
“After 40 days without racing of course it’s a bit of a surprise, but I know how hard I was training to be in good shape here in the Dauphine, as well as preparing for the Tour. You have to always be at the start thinking about the win, otherwise you are not able to perform well.
It's going to be difficult, the transition I have to make from spring and performing in the Classics, to getting ready for the Tour. I was training for more than two weeks at our altitude training camp getting ready for the climbing. Let’s hope I can find my legs, if not here then for the Tour.”

Michał Kwiatkowski:
“I’m so happy that I got no major issues after the crash yesterday. If I could have picked up one stage win in the Dauphiné, I’d like it to be the TTT, he beamed.
"It’s a wonderful feeling to win as a team. We rode a perfect stage, technically and tactically, on the entire course.
The 35km were demanding with changing rhythm and speed all the time. On paper we had the strongest team, but it’s a different thing to win and I’m very happy we did it.”

To be honest, I don't believe at all in bolded part of today's interwiev.. :)

You should have bolded "It's a wonderful feeling to win as a team" :)
because that is, of course, totally believable and pretty much what he has
said on other occasions. I love that about Kwiato...he has had many, many
fine individual victories but also savours the successes of the collective.

I think that last year, commentators on Polish Eurosport, after having some talks inside Polish cycling community, said that there was an idea of Kwiatkowski going to CCC somewhere in the future.

I doubt they will buy him out of the Sky contract, though. So no earlier than 2021, it seems.

Anderis said:
I think that last year, commentators on Polish Eurosport, after having some talks inside Polish cycling community, said that there was an idea of Kwiatkowski going to CCC somewhere in the future.

I doubt they will buy him out of the Sky contract, though. So no earlier than 2021, it seems.
D. Miłek is a billionaire but I don't think so.

Bot. Sky_Bot said:
Anderis said:

D. Miłek is a billionaire but I don't think so.

if we set a go-fund me account on twitter/clinic to fund Kwiato´s buy-out price from Sky, it could be done :D

Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
Lots of people dislike Sky for lots of reasons. My problem with them is that they make riders I otherwise like personally responsible for sucking the excitement out of the Tour de France.

Guess you could say the same about Quickstep in the classics sometimes but Sky have been doing this for so long now. I'm still not convinced it's going to work this year. We will see. I think there are still doubts about both of their GC riders which probably means they will run one two on the podium now that I have written that...........but the team looks like a well oiled machine when they have the bunch under pressure. Boring but effective.

Re: Re:

movingtarget said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
Lots of people dislike Sky for lots of reasons. My problem with them is that they make riders I otherwise like personally responsible for sucking the excitement out of the Tour de France.

Guess you could say the same about Quickstep in the classics sometimes but Sky have been doing this for so long now. I'm still not convinced it's going to work this year. We will see. I think there are still doubts about both of their GC riders which probably means they will run one two on the podium now that I have written that...........but the team looks like a well oiled machine when they have the bunch under pressure. Boring but effective.

Now write the opposite and let's see if it works. I'll go get the voodoo dolls

TRENDING THREADS