• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Miguel Ángel Lopez Discussion Thread

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Koronin said:
Glad they didn't give him a penalty. However, I do think the spectator needed a punch.
I would have given him a symbolical fine, like 100 Swiss francs or something. Otherwise it might create a precedent. Are riders allowed from now on to hit obnoxious spectators? What about the devil in the Tour de France? Doesn't he deserve a punch? :twisted:

500_F_151172619_ohnYH4mlxy3sRIWIGZb9F62BXDIjF1vu.jpg

ValvPiti was right about Lopez back at the end of La Vuelta.

It does not feel right where he is sitting on GC. And you can tell that he was one of the strongest if not the strongest towards the end. Setting up records climbing. If you start repeating this pattern then you must adjust something either in your training or in your tactics. Sometimes I feel like he is lost tactically.

Anyway, he is entertaining rider to watch when he is strong. Hope he comes back for La Vuelta. If he comes back really focus he has good chance.

It does not feel right because we know that Lopez' physical potential is better than a 6th place in the Giro. But, I do believe he only has himself to blame for his result. Mollema rode a better race and deservingly finished ahead of Lopez.

Lopez still has problems staying on his bike, avoiding stupid situations, taking some odd tactical decisions and descending like a neo pro. This will cost him during 3 weeks. Last year he did things right and he needs to get back to that.

Re:

glassmoon said:
The ones that were given fines for such "human behavior" in the past should sue UCI for damages/discrimination /s
your "/s" indicates you are being sarcastic, but what you're saying isn't that far fetched at all. It's the organizer's responsibillity to ensure the riders are safe, that they get to compete in a fair environment where they get to defend their chances equally. This isn't Mario Kart or Death Race where there are obstacles in the parcours trying to take out contenders. So if the organization deems themselves qualified to hand out fines, they should also be liable on the other end. Or they simply say it's a matter for the justice system.

López was one of the main GC competitors, through the whole La Vuelta 2019. Although podium position was lost on stage 20 i still enjoyed watching fierce attacks. Therefore congratulations from my side and i am sure that López will return even stronger. Still such a young and talented cyclist.

I'd love him to not settle for the podium and go for broke tomorrow. Astana is not as strong as in the past but there's some firepower especially if guys like Lutsenko and Lulu get in the early break.

Go superman!

Apart from directing him in a sign post, the team was pretty much nowhere to be seen. But who knows, maybe Vino will undertake a motivational speech tomorrow at breakfast.

I'd love him to not settle for the podium and go for broke tomorrow. Astana is not as strong as in the past but there's some firepower especially if guys like Lutsenko and Lulu get in the early break.

Go superman!
What's up with Lutsenko and Lulu? they are supposed to be strong riders to help Lopez in the mountains. Especially Lutsenko who was flying at the beginning of the year. He kind of went back after his win.

TRENDING THREADS