• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mikel Landa Discussion Thread

Page 139 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
When Landa leaves his baby in the middle of nowhere at Itzulia, will he still receive his paycheck?

oooooh controversial

He said and it's true he thought he could get back up to Pog on the climb today where Pog attacked...Landa was maintaining the gap on most of the climb at 20 secs but lost out on the descents and afterwards in the valley

His climbing is great now so Itzulia is really the race for him as there is no TT
But from day one he will be on Dom duty , esp trying to pace Remco after Vinge attacks

oooooh controversial

He said and it's true he thought he could get back up to Pog on the climb today where Pog attacked...Landa was maintaining the gap on most of the climb at 20 secs but lost out on the descents and afterwards in the valley

His climbing is great now so Itzulia is really the race for him as there is no TT
But from day one he will be on Dom duty , esp trying to pace Remco after Vinge attacks
First stage is TT?

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
True, but I wonder if Landa can be even better than what he showed in Catalunya.
No. Second to the greatest rider of his generation and clearly best of the rest in a hard parcours is a great result. You could extrapolate that to a GT podium, or a stage race win minus Pog or Vingegaard.

Peak GT Landa is probably equal to Remco, depending on TT kms. That’s what’s going to be interesting this year…

(edited to clarify: Landa, when on form, is a better long, hard effort climber than Remco, but his advantage is less, I think, than Remco's is on an ITT. Shorter and/or less steep climbs I would favor Remco)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
No. Second to the greatest rider of his generation and clearly best of the rest in a hard parcours is a great result. You could extrapolate that to a GT podium, or a stage race win minus Pog or Vingegaard.

Peak GT Landa is probably equal to Remco, depending on TT kms. That’s what’s going to be interesting this year…

(edited to clarify: Landa, when on form, is a better long, hard effort climber than Remco, but his advantage is less, I think, than Remco's is on an ITT. Shorter and/or less steep climbs I would favor Remco)
I agree. I know it's not the place to rank the top Gt riders but my ranking would be:
1. Pogacar, Vingegaard
2. Roglic, Remco
3. Landa, Ayuso, Hindley, Mas