• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mikel Landa Discussion Thread

Page 132 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Reactions: Sandisfan
So is he the favourite for the last step on the Tour podium now?

Mas and Carapaz should still be ranked ahead imo but he is in the fight with Hindley and possibly S.Yates as well. I don't rate Gaudu as highly as the ones I have named.

Landa's best performances so far have been on shorter efforts though, no strong performances on the long climbs yet. I think after last year's struggles of getting a gap, he has done more shorter training efforts to improve his punch.

Mas and Carapaz should still be ranked ahead imo but he is in the fight with Hindley and possibly S.Yates as well. I don't rate Gaudu as highly as the ones I have named.

Landa's best performances so far have been on shorter efforts though, no strong performances on the long climbs yet. I think after last year's struggles of getting a gap, he has done more shorter training efforts to improve his punch.
The question is what Francaise des Jeux can put on the table once the arms race for the Tour de France starts off.

If it's equal, than yes Gaudu can podium!

What do you expect from him at the Tour? I wouldn't judge his Dauphine's performance because he didn't race in a long time and he's peaking for the second part of the Tour. If he was capable to follow Vingegaard in Basque Country, which i don't remember riders doing it, i think he's on track for a podium.

What do you expect from him at the Tour? I wouldn't judge his Dauphine's performance because he didn't race in a long time and he's peaking for the second part of the Tour. If he was capable to follow Vingegaard in Basque Country, which i don't remember riders doing it, i think he's on track for a podium.
On what we know, Jai Hindley should beat Landa to a podium spot at the Tour. Hindley looks like he’s possibly better then when he won the Giro - his recent time trialing suggests so. In the 2022 Giro Hindley comfortably bettered Landa in the mountains.

At best he's currently 5th in the pecking order behind Vingegaard, Pogacar, Hindley and Mas (some might add Carapaz). But things change, bad luck can happen, as Landa very well knows.

TRENDING THREADS