• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Milano - Sanremo 2022, one day classic, March 19

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
all the talk about Pogacar... people.. .realize this is a shallow climb. A lot of other riders apart from Pogacar can ride this fast. Same way last year everybody expected MVDP/Alaph/Wout to blow everyone away and Ewan was following.

It isn't happening. I don't see Pogacar blowing everyone away the same way he does on a long steep climb like in the Tirreno ;)

True, this is a power climb, peak watts matter more than W7kg.

On a side note, that one time that Kwiatkowski won

FN_SJ4hWYAQHu_d

all the talk about Pogacar... people.. .realize this is a shallow climb. A lot of other riders apart from Pogacar can ride this fast. Same way last year everybody expected MVDP/Alaph/Wout to blow everyone away and Ewan was following.

It isn't happening. I don't see Pogacar blowing everyone away the same way he does on a long steep climb like in the Tirreno ;)
Basically if he could do it here why dodnt he just take off on Jebel Jais in UAE.

Pretty much this.
That said, with UAE going all in for Pogi I expect a really hard pace already on the Cipressa.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Holy f'wk there is already articles about this.

The author is choosing unlikely scenarios (Pog attacks on Cipressa, Oude Kwaremont) but he does have a point. You can't give him an inch.

Holy f'wk there is already articles about this.

The author is choosing unlikely scenarios (Pog attacks on Cipressa, Oude Kwaremont) but he does have a point. You can't give him an inch.

Haha I love this.

They hook a wide right into the bottom of the Cipressa. The pace remains high as the burly Classics men like Yves Lampaert and Luke Rowe flex their muscles at the front of the bunch. They tilt into the pedals, increase the power and string the bunch into a snaking line to prevent any attacks.

Then, ten riders back, you see him. His hair poking out of that Met helmet, wisping in the wind. He is bobbing out of the saddle, elbows tight, hips swaying like a Salsa dancer.
It’s Tadej Pogačar and he is here to win Milan-San Remo.

Haha I love this.

They hook a wide right into the bottom of the Cipressa. The pace remains high as the burly Classics men like Yves Lampaert and Luke Rowe flex their muscles at the front of the bunch. They tilt into the pedals, increase the power and string the bunch into a snaking line to prevent any attacks.

Then, ten riders back, you see him. His hair poking out of that Met helmet, wisping in the wind. He is bobbing out of the saddle, elbows tight, hips swaying like a Salsa dancer.
It’s Tadej Pogačar and he is here to win Milan-San Remo.
The automatic scrolling is just horrible though

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS