• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Missing Comments

I post comments on the website and they go off to a moderator and never appear. What is the story???? There isn't anything objectionable in them that is for sure.

Saying Taylor Phinney isn't built for GT podiums but could be a star classics and TT rider shouldn't need moderation and NONE of my posts ever appear!

Carols said:
I post comments on the website and they go off to a moderator and never appear. What is the story???? There isn't anything objectionable in them that is for sure.

Saying Taylor Phinney isn't built for GT podiums but could be a star classics and TT rider shouldn't need moderation and NONE of my posts ever appear!

Hi Carols,

I'm happy to look into this. But can you expand on what you mean by 'they go off to a moderator and never appear', is then when you are directly responding on a thread?

Kind Regards

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
ferryman said:
Hi Carols,

I'm happy to look into this. But can you expand on what you mean by 'they go off to a moderator and never appear', is then when you are directly responding on a thread?

Kind Regards

I experience the same behaviour on the website, I commented under an article three times today, first after hit POST they are there, but when I hit refresh or look at the page with another browser there is no comment by me??:confused:

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Schnellinger said:
I experience the same behaviour on the website, I commented under an article three times today, first after hit POST they are there, but when I hit refresh or look at the page with another browser there is no comment by me??:confused:
The same thing has just happened to me.
I think the moderators are taking control under the comments in order to keep the newcomers, no matter if they're just trolls or genuine fans.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Me too, just now on "Police question riders over LBL littering". :confused:
I just posted a brief messate and two links to some relevant articles over at inrng.com which I thought people would find interesting. I can't see why a moderator would block this, if that is what happended.
Was there ever any conclusion on this, CN?
Are you able to investigate?

TRENDING THREADS