• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Moderators

Page 58 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2009
Visit site
180mmCrank said:
I am wondering if we should open a special 'playground' area for some of these discussions :)

The rules here are really simple. Discuss the topic, try and stay on topic and respectful and stay away from making comments about other forum members.

It's not that complicated. If anyone needs clarification please drop me a note.

Cheers

Terry

Yes, open a playground section where everything goes. I suggested this a couple of years ago. Make it password sensitive with no adverstisements.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
180mmCrank said:
You can play together in your own forum and make whatever rules you do or don't want. But that won't be here!

Any further clarification needed?
thanks 180 for recognizing the arrogant (intentional) utopia for what it was.

as to the 'avatar wars' it's easy to entertain: the software should tell how long it took for a flamer/bater to change his avatar to his detractor's after he/she placed an inflammatory verbal response to a poster he did not like.

in some cases the baiting is blatantly obvious as those who became the objects of the action never attempted it and those who attempted it were a multiple-ban subjects...for ex. i don't think dr. mas was.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I read a very, how should I put it, double standard comment by a mod.

"Even partial nudity is not allowed"

Yet, there are countless pictures of partially nude photos in threads, and I'm not talking about the coveted and most read thread BoB. :D

Those who don't get it will have to go fish for them on their own :p

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
python said:
thanks 180 for recognizing the arrogant (intentional) utopia for what it was.

as to the 'avatar wars' it's easy to entertain: the software should tell how long it took for a flamer/bater to change his avatar to his detractor's after he/she placed an inflammatory verbal response to a poster he did not like.

in some cases the baiting is blatantly obvious as those who became the objects of the action never attempted it and those who attempted it were a multiple-ban subjects...for ex. i don't think dr. mas was.

have to agree here

ElChingon said:
I read a very, how should I put it, double standard comment by a mod.

"Even partial nudity is not allowed"

Yet, there are countless pictures of partially nude photos in threads, and I'm not talking about the coveted and most read thread BoB. :D

Those who don't get it will have to go fish for them on their own :p

Don't even get me started on that one :) a total bag of snakes that could take up hours of time by everyone and still not come to a satisfactory resolution.

T

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
Report such postings and they will be dealt with.

Susan

Susan Westemeyer said:
Any further posting on this topic in this thread by anyone will lead to a suspension.

Please take any further discussion if needed to the About the Forum subforum.

Susan

Susan Westemeyer said:
I will go bak and delete the entire off - topic section. Personally, I saw Damiano's original comment as a joke, but obviously not everyone did.

'ACF, you are receiving an official warning for your comment on me. Although what on earth the relationship between me and Mussolini should be is totally beyond me....

Susan

auscyclefan94 said:
So my comment isn't seen as a joke but Damiano's is? Talk about double standards. I just find it amazing all the various things that Damiano has said about Australian's yet you and some other mods do not do anything to stop his continual xenophobic comments.

Ive taken this to the right thread. Will my questions/queries be answered?

obviously I did not see the wit in your comment. And as noted, all of the comments have now been deleted.

If you have problems with other users' postings, then report them. They will be dealt with.

Emotional reactions and personal attacks are not effective, either in a forum or in a race (Hepburn).

Susan

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I think ACF is still peeved about my suggestion that Green Edge should be sponsored by the Outback Steakhouse presented by Fosters. He has no sense of humor when it comes to Evans, Green Edge, or Australia.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Nobody as far as I know drinks Fosters in Australia as I don't think it is even sold here (I have never seen it for sale, the only time I've seen it for sale is in London), so the joke is rather lame. But you don't think that calling people 'inbreed convicts' will actually rile people up? It's a poor troll attempt.

You lose.

Damiano Machiavelli said:
I think ACF is still peeved about my suggestion that Green Edge should be sponsored by the Outback Steakhouse presented by Fosters. He has no sense of humor when it comes to Evans, Green Edge, or Australia.

Purposely baiting other users is also not allowed. Perhaps you will consider stopping it? And perhaps you will also consider this more than just a friendly suggestion?

Susan

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
Purposely baiting other users is also not allowed. Perhaps you will consider stopping it? And perhaps you will also consider this more than just a friendly suggestion?

Susan

The reason I posted a cutting joke about Australians, something that you yourself were able to figure out was a joke, was because a little while before ACF posted this to a thread in which I was not even participating:

Yes, he and Damiano Machiavelli have made themselves out to be bigots. See if I said it something like that everyone would be all over me.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=674695&postcount=171

It is his usual crap where anyone who does not agree with him about Evans or another Australian rider is an idiot or a bigot or whatever else he can come up with to label them. He throws a hissy fit at any untoward comment about his pet riders, and he has such a large chip on his shoulder that he cannot detect whether or not a comment is amusing, sarcastic, or a joke.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Why was the Wonderlance thread closed. The legend made his glorious return to CNF.

its pretty obvious to me that they closed my thread cos cyclingnews has a vested interest in keeping team sky down. they are well know haters of excellence and team sky is the third most excellent team in cycling. I bet they wouldnt even write a positive artice on them let alone let people post how excellent they are in the forum.

If cycling news cannot appreciate excellence the way I do, I'm out.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
WonderLance said:
its pretty obvious to me that they closed my thread cos cyclingnews has a vested interest in keeping team sky down. they are well know haters of excellence and team sky is the third most excellent team in cycling. I bet they wouldnt even write a positive artice on them let alone let people post how excellent they are in the forum.

If cycling news cannot appreciate excellence the way I do, I'm out.

Oh no, what will we do without you?

krebs303 said:
I don't see the problem. It is the usual tongue-in-cheek WonderLance.
And certainly no worse than the gherkin thread.
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=12046&highlight=wonderlance+pickle

unleash the beast free WonderLance and breathe the fresh air of exellence

Yeah. The Wonderlance "OMG look at my huge poll" (of sexual innuendos) thread was actively cheered for by several moderators and a "Wonderlance joining CN forums" option was added to the question "what is the greatest moment in cycling history" by one of the moderators.

Whats wrong with this thread then?

The Hitch said:
Yeah. The Wonderlance "OMG look at my huge poll" (of sexual innuendos) thread was actively cheered for by several moderators and a "Wonderlance joining CN forums" option was added to the question "what is the greatest moment in cycling history" by one of the moderators.

Whats wrong with this thread then?

nothing. i laughed all the way through. excellent misspelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.