• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Montepaschi Strade Bianche, Saturday

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
KazakhNeRider said:
Bruyneel: "What Vinokourov and Kascheskin messed with isn't my mistake and except for those two there's nobody in Kazakhstan. Yes, three domestiques, including two (Iglinskiy & Bazza) I'm not trusting and a bunch of young guys who aren't ready for the Tour de France. I'm being judged on the results and the international image of the team, not on the image of the team in a godforsaken country such as Kazakhstan.":mad:

I guess it's a good answer, Mr Bruyneel!:cool:

Whoa do you have a link to that. by the way kazakhne do you think Nepomnyachshiy is going to do anything this year

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
franciep10 said:
Whoa do you have a link to that. by the way kazakhne do you think Nepomnyachshiy is going to do anything this year
Poskurin's interview for astanafans.com:
"Let’s talk about Astana’s young riders from Kazakhstan! Who would you highlight? You only mentioned Zeits! What could you say about Raimbekov, for example?

Pretty good racer and a decent guy! He is still very young and has to prove himself. Speaking of the young Kazakhs, none of the racers are bad, I can tell you! Yes, yes! All the guys have a future! And most importantly, they are not loafers! They are infatuated with this sport! They will have this whole year, they will be centered in Nice, and Sedun will deal with them . And remarkably, Pepe—Contador’s personal trainer—is preparing a personal program for each of our Kazakh riders. He is a literate, intelligent coach and will oversee all the young Kazakh riders.

I held two meetings with all of the Kazakh riders. I told them, there are no limits for you. The road is open—go for it!

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
KazakhNeRider said:
Bruyneel: "What Vinokourov and Kascheskin messed with isn't my mistake and except for those two there's nobody in Kazakhstan. Yes, three domestiques, including two (Iglinskiy & Bazza) I'm not trusting and a bunch of young guys who aren't ready for the Tour de France. I'm being judged on the results and the international image of the team, not on the image of the team in a godforsaken country such as Kazakhstan.":mad:

I guess it's a good answer, Mr Bruyneel!:cool:
what a horrendous, stupid, bigoted statement by bruyneel!

what about fofonov a solid professional of many years trusted by the CA and cofidis ?

i always suspected that jb was given too much leash by the kazakh sponsors.

A

Anonymous

Andy99 said:
I just got a standard digibox from Maplin and wired it up to a 'normally' orientated 'sky' dish (28degrees E I believe:confused:) but put a twin LNB on it.

It's therefore basically 'freesat' with the added bonus of Belgian, Italian, French etc..TV as well.

Handy to have at a 2nd TV and gives numerous options when Eurosport aren't playing.

But maybe, just maybe SKYSPORTS will pull their finger out eventually and sort us some coverage of their team!? It really shouldn't be too difficult.

got a twin lmb on the sky box but i dont know if they are workable to re-route one to another box. If i was to get sky to change it to multiroom, then i guess i could just swap one of the boxes across.

I havent actually looked at what else there is on astra that isnt in the program guide. or what satellites are close enough to the astra bird to pick up. I thouoght the euro satelittes where 19E (Astra 1) and 13E (Hotbird) while sky dishes are pointing at 28E

you got a couple of frequencies? will be interesting to look and see.

Highlights - just putting the last few K up, should have 30mins or so of highlights later, on their way to me now.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
got a twin lmb on the sky box but i dont know if they are workable to re-route one to another box. If i was to get sky to change it to multiroom, then i guess i could just swap one of the boxes across.

I havent actually looked at what else there is on astra that isnt in the program guide. or what satellites are close enough to the astra bird to pick up. I thouoght the euro satelittes where 19E (Astra 1) and 13E (Hotbird) while sky dishes are pointing at 28E

you got a couple of frequencies? will be interesting to look and see.

Highlights - just putting the last few K up, should have 30mins or so of highlights later, on their way to me now.

I know very little about this sort of thing - have just felt my way through with some limited success!

Frequencies can be found here; http://www.lyngsat.com/europe.html

I seem to be able to get most things from 28.2E - 19E, or with a little nudge of the dish 19E -13E. (I really should get one of those motors to move the dish correctly!)

I think you will struggle to get an actual sky box to re-tune. But it's worth a try! The only additional channel I've managed to add is ITV HD..

Cheers for the stuff on teamskyfans :)

A

Anonymous

Andy99 said:
I know very little about this sort of thing - have just felt my way through with some limited success!

Frequencies can be found here; http://www.lyngsat.com/europe.html

I seem to be able to get most things from 28.2E - 19E, or with a little nudge of the dish 19E -13E. (I really should get one of those motors to move the dish correctly!)

I think you will struggle to get an actual sky box to re-tune. But it's worth a try! The only additional channel I've managed to add is ITV HD..

Cheers for the stuff on teamskyfans :)

yeh, sky+ wont play ball off of astra 28e. if we move house i will just look at a second dish, messing aroun with the dual lnb on the sky dish could be a problem. :D

Will have the whole of eroica later, just debating how many chunks to put up, 11m? 22m? 33m? not putting more than three sections up, thats just silly..

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
I forgot to mention that Ballan DNS, I think. Commentators said he has contracted a virus. (stomach???)
So, another BMC no show.....Cadel 56th.:eek:

waiting for his diary entry and bmc's team entry on their sites. it was dissapointing. best was schar in 18th place.

lelangue said they were badly positioned when the split happened!

auscyclefan94 said:
waiting for his diary entry and bmc's team entry on their sites. it was dissapointing. best was schar in 18th place.

lelangue said they were badly positioned when the split happened!

I don't see why you are so interested in BMC performing well so they get a TdF spot. Evans would be better off if he knows that he won't be at the Tour. He will be forced to devote everything to the Giro.

A

Anonymous

Last 30 minutes of the race will be up in about, 2 hours ish in good quality..

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
Michele said:
Cav did start.

Thanks Michele. Just seen his photo at the start too. Can't work out if he is playing it canny or is really struggling. I guess we'll not know for sure until 2 weeks time.

Farrar looks to have had a nasty prang too. Don't think he's done any lasting damage?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I don't see why you are so interested in BMC performing well so they get a TdF spot. Evans would be better off if he knows that he won't be at the Tour. He will be forced to devote everything to the Giro.

Giro Vuelta this year wouldn't hurt, though I think this tour course is about as good as it gets for evans, unfortunately there is no course that wouldn't suit Contador better.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
So, another BMC no show.....Cadel 56th.:eek:

auscyclefan94 said:
It will be interesting to see how he goes tonight in MPE

Evans is going to rip it apart....!!!!!

Woh! From what I saw Evans looked devastating, he was killing them. 56 out of 65 finnishers what a top effort. I bet those other guys (whoever they were) didnt even know what hit them when Cuddles went to the front.

PS....AusTricycle Are you now going to run off to the Clinic and ***** and moan about how all the guys that beat him are on the gear and were ganging up him. Its OK if you do, (god knows I cant stop you) I just need to know so I can avoid the clinic for a couple of days.