• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Most memorable doped perfomances?

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
When I examine my own memories, I think Riis' '96 tdf was the stand out. Every year during the Indurain reign I would hope against hope for the pretender(s) to dethrone him - in '91 I wanted Lemond (okay, not a pretender in this case) to win, in '92 Bugno or Chiapucci, in '93 Rominger, in '94 Pantani, in '95 Zulle.....and how the hell, of all the great champions, it ends up being Riis who puts him to the sword: I just couldn't fathom that. And that's the thing about memorable doped performances - they just do not make sense at the time.

The next one was definitely Armstrong. I was sitting there thinking 'how the hell is this classics guy climbing with the climbers?' I actually didn't know about epo at the time, but I just couldn't accept it, hence a long exodus from watching the sport.

Re:

The Hegelian said:
When I examine my own memories, I think Riis' '96 tdf was the stand out. Every year during the Indurain reign I would hope against hope for the pretender(s) to dethrone him - in '91 I wanted Lemond (okay, not a pretender in this case) to win, in '92 Bugno or Chiapucci, in '93 Rominger, in '94 Pantani, in '95 Zulle.....and how the hell, of all the great champions, it ends up being Riis who puts him to the sword: I just couldn't fathom that. And that's the thing about memorable doped performances - they just do not make sense at the time.

The next one was definitely Armstrong. I was sitting there thinking 'how the hell is this classics guy climbing with the climbers?' I actually didn't know about epo at the time, but I just couldn't accept it, hence a long exodus from watching the sport.
This. Riis on Hautacam was, and still is, the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen on a bike. The whole performance looked so unnatural; like a pro rider toying with some amateurs on a sportive.

Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
The Hegelian said:

This. Riis on Hautacam was, and still is, the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen on a bike. The whole performance looked so unnatural; like a pro rider toying with some amateurs on a sportive.

I saw a doco about it last year or the year before - Riis was saying that none of his teammates believed in him. But he knew. He got the formula, mastered it, and knew he could execute it to perfection. It was actually quite cool to see the story from his side - rendered something absolutey alien into something actually very human. Human, all to human as Nietzsche would say.

DFA123 said:
The Hegelian said:

His Amstel win was full genius too

Angliru said:
Cookster15 said:
Yes great list but Pantani's Giro Tour double of 1998 deserves greater emphasis. To me nothing better since.

His double was only successful due to Ullrich's spectacular blow-up in rainy conditions. Winning 7 consecutive Tours with only one real challenge faced (2003) during those 7 years has to beat anything Pantani did.
Maybe in the 7 tours case we have to say "the most memorable doped performance by a team" as well.

When a think about truly off the charts doped performance I think about Pantani, Virenque, Riis, and company sprinting up the Alpe d'Huez in 95 and 97. Hautacam in 96 by Riis also come to mind.

I am sure there are many others mentioned in here that are worthy of memorable. But the ones I mentioned have been the symbol of doping for many years.

GuyIncognito said:
GuyIncognito said:
Oh boy, I can think of quite a few blatant ones
Maybe if I can be bothered I'll type them out tomorrow

I just saw this post and I would like to add a few guys to this list :p

Berzin - The original Geraint Thomas on massive steroids. Former track cyclist to being 2nd in a stage in Tour of Britain to winning Giro and LBL while beating mediocre riders like Pantani, Indurain and Armstrong. Also, he was one of the 3 motorbikes in the infamous FW in that year. He fell of a cliff after couple of years.

Rasmussen - He always doped and was always a great climber but this moment was somewhat insane (even for this thread's standards): https://youtu.be/pEEBwbydEu4?t=5078. Then, he got thrown out while leading the Tour because he was too ridiculous and was blacklisted forever.

Ridiculous Kelme riders like Carlos Garcia, David Blanco, Oscar Sevilla, Aitorminator, Botero, Heras, Chechu Rubiera, Felix Cardenas, Javier Pascual and the fan favorite Valverde. Seriously though, what were going through their veins during Kelme days?

Santambrogio - He was a very mediocre domestique until he's 29 and he suddenly started to smash everything in 2013. Surprisingly, he got busted shortly afterwards because he was too ridiculous.

Di Luca - I like him but his attempt to win a stage in 2013 Giro was too hilarious, and he got busted (again) anyway.

Gabrovski and Sayar - The Torku legends. I don't know who was more ridiculous but I would vote for Sayar because of smashing with 50 rpm while having needle marks on his arms.

Najar - Smashes everyone on a deadstraight MTF by 2 minutes, got busted a few days ago to a great shock.

Diniz, Diaz and other San Luis heros - They smash everyone in San Luis, then become super mediocre and get dropped by sprinters in other races. Diaz even got a contract in Europe to do absolutely nothing.

Juan Mi Mercado - 5th on a uber doped Vuelta to fleecing Lefevre for a contract. He won a couple Tour stages, so he at least did something other than that Vuelta.

Rujano - I know that he's a fan favorite, but wasn't he too ridiculous in 2005 and 2011 while doing nothing in between?

Rebellin - He gets busted with CERA. Then he smashes everything in the Italian autumn circuit at a young age 40. He actually won a race yesterday. I still like him though.

Mirsamad Pourseyedi Golakhour (ok, I had to google his name) and other Iranian mountain goats - Dude gets busted, then serves a 2 year ban, then he wins every single stage race that he participated. What a champion.

Zakarin - He got busted with steroids when he was 20. A few years later, he destroys Froome in that Romandie for the greater good of cleans cycling. Also, his style is marginally better than Mancebo's or Escartin's style, but he is still a decent rider.

I might add a few more riders to this list. :p

Mirsamad Pourseyedi is awesome in his abject inability to give a flying word I can't use. He's like an Iranian Raúl Alarcón, only with an actual suspension in the middle of it.

And he came back from being suspended to destroying those same guys who were beating him even when he was doped up to the eyeballs and having them become his domestiques. He's almost Emanuele Sella 2008-level great.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Rujano was an actual talented and proven pure climber. The years he was nowhere was more mental than anything, couldn't stand being in europe for long periods.

Sure, he was talented. Was he talented enough to destroy Gibo and (cramping) Di Luca on a false flat? I very much doubt that. He won a few Vuelta Tachira's and Colombia, but I don't take results in these races that seriously after Sevilla won Vuelta Colombia 3-4 times in a row at a young age 38 or something like that.

There probably needs to be a sub-set within these for one-and-done dopers, those guys who sprang up from nowhere with their memorable performance and were too unsubtle to even get to continue with it for a while, instead being flagged up immediately. Najár, Sayar, de Bonis can go in here, with a further subset for guys who did that but were already established at a lower level, before suddenly leaping up massively, like Santambrogio and Gabrovski. Even guys like David Belda and Jonathan Tiernan-Locke kept it together longer.

Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
There probably needs to be a sub-set within these for one-and-done dopers, those guys who sprang up from nowhere with their memorable performance and were too unsubtle to even get to continue with it for a while, instead being flagged up immediately. Najár, Sayar, de Bonis can go in here, with a further subset for guys who did that but were already established at a lower level, before suddenly leaping up massively, like Santambrogio and Gabrovski. Even guys like David Belda and Jonathan Tiernan-Locke kept it together longer.
How long before it's safe to put Celano in that category? :D

burning said:
GuyIncognito said:
GuyIncognito said:

I might add a few more riders to this list. :p

Here is a few more:

Cunego - The stretch between 2014 Trentino and Giro was beyond awesome with 10 wins in a month or so (and add Lombardia as a side job). He was a good puncheur in that Giro (2 wins on uphill sprints), then he said f*ck you to Gibo and broke away 60km to go. He then toyed with Gibo on Bormio to add insult to the injury and would have won the next stage if he was allowed to ride all out. He was never the same in GTs even though he had a very good career. Also, one my favorite quotes is "The Damiano who won the Giro no longer exists". Also, he is one of the first Ibarguren specials.

Kirchen - He was an okay rider until 2006. Then, he finished 2nd Suisse and TA, 7th on a ridiculous Tour and took another step in 2008 by winning FW, while being the best non-Schumacher TTer in that Tour. He fell off a cliff next year and retired shortly due to heart problems.

Stapleton specials - Sinkewitz, Gerdemann, EBH (I know that Sky destroyed him), Greg Henderson, Goss, Cav, Velits, Rabon, Monfort, Ciolek. Nearly all of these guys lost a step or two after leaving Stapleton teams. Seriously, what was happening on those teams?

Mick Rogers - He is another Stapleton guy, but he deserves a special mention because of his hilarious 2012 season. Also 2 years later, he won 2 stages in Giro (on Zoncolan as well!) and another hilarious one in Tour while having 1 race day before the Giro. LMAO

Eric Dekker - He was plenty of crazy good wins but his 2004 Paris-Tours was outrageously spectacular, that win was on De Bonis level.

Thomas Dekker - I thought he was going to be the next big thing for a while. It did not pan out due to a few reasons.

2008 TDF victims - The way that they got popped was utterly hilarious. AFLD almost killed the entire sport by taking down multiple teams in that year.

Serebryakov - Another sudden GOAT rider in a lower level and he got busted shortly afterwards.

Iglinsky - Got a positive test with EPO years after his wins and LBL. He was definitely cleans in those wins.

Chiappucci - From a nobody to winning multiple long mountain stages. He fell of a cliff when everyone else started to use EPO

Jalabert - He does not fit the sudden surge theme but this is my favorite moment, he just casually gifts a stage to another confessed doper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv3GSZM-4JQ

Abdou - His Tulle win is one of my favorite wins for a sprinter.

Hamilton - His 2003 Tour was something special. Attacking Lance and Beloki on Alpe and soloing 100km+ to a stage win with a broken collarbone. Truly one of the all time WTF moments for me.

I think I finally mentioned all my favorite WTF moments/riders except the riders from GuyIncognito's list. :p

GuyIncognito said:
GuyIncognito said:

Every single case on this list caused disbelief. Every one staggered me. Every performance here made me audibly ask "WTF?" Be warned, all this is from memory so many of the dates/etc are likely to be wrong
Deep breath

Basso - From top 10 GC contender at Fassa to Armstrong's main contender at CSC, to that ridiculous thing at the 2006 Giro. Even Simoni felt compelled to call him an "alien". When else have you seen such a thing? 2000 VAM at Monte Bondone? Nearly tying Ullrich in a 50km flat windy TT? Beating Zabriskie? Come on now...

Jose Enrique Gutierrez - 1,88m 78kg and from one day to the next suddenly climbing with Simoni.

Riis - From bland basic domestique for the flat stages at 28 to Tour winner at 32 with the highest w/kg ever recoded on a mountain finish

Pecharroman - Anonymous for years until suddenly he's toying with a talented field at the Euskal, then dropping even Heras at Catalunya (boredly commenting that he expected an even bigger gap!) and then disappears forever.

Kashechkin - Vinokourov's pet project to create a clone of himself

Rumsas - He would've beaten Armstrong in that Tour TT if his bike hadn't broken. Hell, he won a monument.

Perdiguero - Oh boy that Volta Catalunya he won. Bunch sprint? Win. TT? Win. Mountains? Win. Up to that week he'd been about the level Jesus Herrada is now, a good unspectacular rider.

Mayo - That April 2003 to June 2004 period was hilarious to watch. Then Armstrong called the UCI to rein it in and never again...

Aitor Gonzalez - Yet another sudden transformation

Colom - Suddenly discovered new powers in his 30s, beating Contador on the climbs. If he hadn't tested positive he'd have probably contended for GTs

Wiggins - At 29 he goes from a nobody who couldn't climb a speedbump and celebrated finishing only a few minutes behind in TTs, to outclimbing the best and winning TTs by minutes. Pull the other one.

Leipheimer - Another one who suddenly realized he had talent at nearly 30

Hincapie - From sprinter to classics rider to climber? What? Kelly and Jalabert did it before, but they actually had quite some climbing talent as youngsters. Hincapie was a pure sprinter, whole different kettle of fish.

Horner - Not good enough to hold a pro contract in europe at 28, wins the Vuelta at 42? Doing the same time up Angliru in the wet that peak Contador did in the dry?

Kim Andersen - The record holder for positive tests. In a time when almost nobody tested positive and nobody cared and the suspension was usually "you're relegated to the back of the bunch on that stage, try not to dope for the next stage". Not even booted from the race, much less suspended. In those days this guy tested positive so many times that eventually he was given a long term suspension. In the eighties!

The entire 2008 CSF Navigare squad - Sella climbing like Pantani to come back from 24 minutes down on GC to 2 before the TT. Priamo winning a stage. Baliani in every break

Chioccioli - Career bottom of top 10 climber is suddenly Charly Gaul, winning queen stages solo from 50km out, winning 60km flat TTs

Furlan - That 3 year stretch there was something else. Then he fell off a cliff

Gabriele Colombo - Still the fastest ascent of the Poggio ever. Even with a tailwind modern riders can't come close. Also promptly fell off a cliff like most on this list

Frattini - Went on a tear for a brief time, then faded to obscurity

Ugrumov - Another career bottom of the top 10 climber, 8th in the Giro here, 9th in the Vuelta there. Then in his 30s he's suddenly putting Indurain against the ropes. Not just the 93 Giro, but especially the 94 Tour's Alps where he does exactly what Sella would do 15 years later. He put over 3 minutes into Indurain in the Morzine time trial after days of being in breaks, what on earth?

Pascal Herve - That day on the Izoard would've been funny if it wasn't so shocking. He wasn't a bad climber, but was more of a punchy guy for short climbs. We're all riveted watching Pantani vs Armstrong when 36 year old Pascal catches them, goes "oh hi there" and drops them.....drops....Pantani and Armstrong....in the mountains

Dufaux @ Romandie 98 - Braking for corners going up a mountain isn't even remotely normal

Since we're discussing Festina. I know they're an easy target, but I remember a mountain stage in 97 when the group was down to 15 riders or so and every Festina was still there except for the one who was sick, Laukka, who until then had been climbing with the top 5 (another one hit wonder who later didn't do anything elsewhere)

The Saunier squad over a few years (Cobo, de la Fuente, Zaballa, Piepoli, Riccò, Perdiguero, Gil, Marchante) - Where do I even begin?

Froome - Just edges out Pecharroman and Armstrong for the most ridiculous transformation the sport has ever seen. This out of contract guy who Sky are letting go because he is simply terrible at everything, suddenly becomes the best rider on the planet. Just overnight. From getting dropped by the sprinters at the Tour of Poland to thrashing everyone at the Vuelta. A modern miracle, no doubt.

Marcelino García - 1998 early season. Never to be repeated.

Sergey Kolesnikov - Those 2006 results, eh? For 6 months as a 19/20 year old, wins basically every race, then does nothing for the rest of his career.

Mikhail Ignatiev - Like Kolesnikov and to a lesser extent Moreno Moser, Ignatiev started his pro career like a bat out of hell. Was rumoured to be called to attention over his blood values. Fell off a proverbial cliff.

Francesco Ginanni - See Ignatiev. This one took arguably even further.

W52 these last few years (Veloso, Alarcon) - Put them in the World Tour, they'd win the whole thing

Nozal - If in 2008 he was caught on EPO and wasn't riding for toffee, what on earth was he on in 2003??? He won the TT by 1m20s on some of the world's best who were loaded with EPO.

Fran Perez - That 2003 early season was funny as hell. Went down the wrong road and lost the win? No problem, just drop everyone again the next day

De Bonis - All day in the break. Gets caught. Drops them again to win. Truly Gerolsteiner's test mule for the 2008 Tour

Santi Perez - From mediocre climber to best climber in the race to winning a fast flat TT. Screw drugs, how is it even physically possible?

LA MSS circa 2003 and again in 2008 - Shades of Gewiss 94. The way they toyed with the field in Asturias

Europcar 2011 (Kern, Voeckler) - Kern did nothing before or since in his career, but that Dauphiné he won in the mountains and finished 6th. Also won the french TT championships by 2 minutes on Péraud, Coppel, etc. Then Voeckler would've won the Tour if not for a tactical blunder on Alpe d'Huez.

Gerolsteiner - Schumacher and Kohl may have been obvious, but Fothen was the prototypical fast donkey and let's not ignore Lang

Gonchar 2006 Tour - As ridiculous as Landis was, he couldn't come within a minute of Gonchar in either TT

Wesemann Amstel 2006 and Cancellara Worlds 2009 - Two guys unsuited to such hilly courses who both were hilariously strong those days and both threw away easy wins by being tactically stupid. Those two performances were so far beyond believable I can only laugh

Cancellara July 2008 - "Oh look, I can suddenly climb mountains for the first and only time never to be repeated". Dropping climbers on the Croix-de-fer...

Jaskula - 3rd place in a stacked Tour de France field. Unrepeated again.

Halupczok - Barely any results in the amateur ranks until the time the first guys get on EPO. Suddenly he's the best amateur in the world and world champion. Turns pro. Immediately up there fighting for the Giro win as a neo-pro when he suddenly and mysteriously quits the race. Returns to anonymity. By the end of the season he's retired at age 22. Shortly after that he's dead of a heart attack

The entire Cofidis team at the 98 Tour - If Casagrande hadn't crashed out he'd have won that Tour. Bet on it. He was flying. Rinero and Julich weren't nearly on the same level and finished 5th and 3rd. Bobby freaking Julich finished 3rd. Hell, a nothing rider like Rinero still has the record for the fastest climb of the Tourmalet.

Luttenberger - Another shooting star. Wins the Tour de Suisse, 5th at the Tour de France, then....nothing. Just another one in the line of Carrera's Pantani clones like Zaina or Poulnikov

Garcia Quesada - Prototypical Fuentes special

Mercatone Uno - Especially at the 98 Giro final TT. Sprinters and climbers beating the specialists in a TT. That day Pantani really went all out on the EPO and screw the consequences. Then came the blood sample switching story

Murilo Fischer - Look at his 2005. Just look at it.

Jonathan Tiernan-Locke - The question "Where did Pecharroman go?" was finally answered. He was reborn as an englishman with an unpleasant personality

Lotto 2011 - Vdb takes the only win of his career, Vanendert not only learns to climb but wins a major Tdf mountain stage, Gilbert has the most ridiculous season anyone's likely to see anytime soon which he of course won't ever come close to repeating

Clement L'Hottelerie - That one early season madness. Then nothing. Then positive.

Johnny Hoogerland - He was all over every kind of race. Then was tested 3 times in a week, realized they were on to him, and never performed again. As the team doctor later said, he was pumped to the gills on doses obscenely large even for that team.

Andrey Zintchenko - Mediocre roleur, then wins 3 stages in one Vuelta, mountains included.

Melchor Mauri - After several grand tours with a best finish of 71st he won the Vuelta by gaining minutes on Indurain during TTs and defending in the mountains. Then the rest of the world caught up and he never threatened a GT podium again. Let that sink in, gaining minutes in Indurain in TTs. Indurain won the Tour de France that year.

Mauro Gianetti - At age 30 his palmares is nothing. Then EPO comes along and along with several other good results he ends his career with an Amstel win and a Liége win plus a Worlds silver. His career and life almost ended by doping with too much PFC and being rushed to the hospital with a flatlining heartbeat

Andrea Ferrigato - From mediocre he suddenly moves up about 5 levels in performance to win classics for half a season and almost win the World Cup based on that one season alone. Then at the end of the season the UCI institutes the 50% red blood cell limit and he goes back to being anonymous

Frank Vandenbroucke - In one season he won Het Volk, would've won Paris-Nice if not for of a wind split, 2nd in Flanders again only due to bad luck with a crash, won LBL, 7th in Roubaix (a guy who weighed only 65kg!!!) and was the strongest rider in the Vuelta, leading to among other things the infamous day on Navalmoral. Then he finished with the elite front group in a hilly world championships riding with two broken wrists. All this while missing a chunk of the season to a doping investigation.

It was pants on head *** how strong he was. Years later his Cofidis teammates explain why: He and his friend Phillippe Gaumont went much further than anyone else dared with drug use. They reaped a huge performance advantage from it but their bodies couldn't take it. A year later they couldn't perform anymore and now they're both dead of heart attacks at young ages.
Brilliant post, but I’d like to add one more:

Riccardo Ricco: His 2008 season was one long display of pyrotechnics. First he’s sprinting past Contador in Italy, followed by an insane cameo at the Tour punctuated with a predicted win at Super-Besse and brilliant display of power at Bagneres-de-Bigorre. Then he completely imploded...

GuyIncognito said:
Cancellara July 2008 - "Oh look, I can suddenly climb mountains for the first and only time never to be repeated". Dropping climbers on the Croix-de-fer...

Really the whole CSC team from that Tour - especially Jensie dropping actual climbers on the Tourmalet. Probably the most dominantly alien whole-team performance of the otherwise more evenly matched years between Armstrong's first retirement and the emergence of the Sky train.

burning said:
Cunego - The stretch between 2014 Trentino and Giro was beyond awesome with 10 wins in a month or so (and add Lombardia as a side job). He was a good puncheur in that Giro (2 wins on uphill sprints), then he said f*ck you to Gibo and broke away 60km to go. He then toyed with Gibo on Bormio to add insult to the injury and would have won the next stage if he was allowed to ride all out. He was never the same in GTs even though he had a very good career. Also, one my favorite quotes is "The Damiano who won the Giro no longer exists". Also, he is one of the first Ibarguren specials.

Someone on here mentioned before that during a race from a couple of years ago Kirby asked Kelly a headsmackingly dumb question - how come Cunego, this rider who had a GT and 3 monuments by age 27 had suddenly become a lot more mortal. Kelly: "(pause) Well, it was a different era". <Kirby persists, not getting the hint> Kelly: "Again, it was a different era".

burning said:
Stapleton specials - Sinkewitz, Gerdemann, EBH (I know that Sky destroyed him), Greg Henderson, Goss, Cav, Velits, Rabon, Monfort, Ciolek. Nearly all of these guys lost a step or two after leaving Stapleton teams. Seriously, what was happening on those teams?

Mick Rogers - He is another Stapleton guy, but he deserves a special mention because of his hilarious 2012 season. Also 2 years later, he won 2 stages in Giro (on Zoncolan as well!) and another hilarious one in Tour while having 1 race day before the Giro. LMAO

From the 2010 index of suspicion, in which, remember (http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ucis-suspicious-list-leaked-from-2010-tour-de-france/):

0-1 no available evidence of doping (77 riders)
2-4 stable passports which nevertheless showed a rare abnormality at a precise time (78 riders)
5, the comments associated to the rider files started to become much more precise, "even affirmative" (15 riders)
6-10: the circumstantial evidence of possible doping was "overwhelming" (27 riders)

Bear in mind Basso and Andy got a 3, Armstrong a 4, and Contador a 5.

HTC riders at that Tour with a 2+:
Cavendish: 2
Monfort: 3
Eisel: 4
Martin: 7
Rogers: 8
Siutsou: 8

Also on your list of Stapleton-associated riders:
Ciolek: 3
Gerdemann: 7

So plenty of guys sailing seriously close to the wind.

Overall I still think the Horner Vuelta is still the number one full genius performance from the current decade - there wasn't even a shred of a fig leaf of plausibility to any of it - a 41 year old beating some of the best climbers (and best dopers) of the era over three weeks and even winning two stages, putting 48 seconds into Nibali and 1:02 into Valverde/Basso/Purito/Pinot on a single climb in the first mountain stage of the race. That's the kind of gap that only Froome and Nibali have really been able to manage on a mountain stage in recent years.

Then in a move OJ Simpson would be proud of, he released his data which shows his haemoglobin level miraculously going up 6% in the second week and then a further 2% in week 3, especially miraculous when his reticulocytes were down 33%, including one reading that was the lowest of the whole 2008-2014 period he released data for.

Horner's Vuelta win is the Trump presidency of doped performances.

Regarding Perdiguero, of whom GuyIncognito writes:

"Oh boy that Volta Catalunya he won. Bunch sprint? Win. TT? Win. Mountains? Win. Up to that week he'd been about the level Jesus Herrada is now, a good unspectacular rider."

That result was unbelievable, but there are two things that moderate it somewhat. First the competition there was weak: the two other riders on the final podium were Karpets and Laiseka. Second, his previous results were well above the level of a Jesus Herrada: wins at the Classica a los Puertos, GP Indurain, Vuelta a la Rioja, top ten in Milan-San Remo and the Giro di Lombardia. Earlier that spring, he had finished 2nd in the Setmana Catalana, 2 seconds behind Purito but ahead of Garzelli, Contador, Mayo, Basso, Leipheimer, etc, while finishing in the top 6 on every stage. The following season he was top ten in both Amstel and LBL.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

Squire said:
Libertine Seguros said:
How long before it's safe to put Celano in that category? :D
Celano is more like Dani Diaz, smart enough not to get caught, but unable to perform with a bio passport.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't they introduced a new rule that forces CT teams to be part of the passport program if they want participate in the Ciclismo Cup?

TRENDING THREADS