• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Motor doping thread

Page 202 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A couple of years ago, it was Bahrain Suspicious. Last year, TJV did something extraordinary. It's a thing that goes around in the peloton.
When Colbrelli almost died and their hotel was raided, it was clear that Bahrain's performance had dropped. Same with Jumbo after Hessmann. Decathlan also had a reprimand, but it had no effect on them, Baudin and the whole team are better than ever.

When Colbrelli almost died and their hotel was raided, it was clear that Bahrain's performance had dropped. Same with Jumbo after Hessmann. Decathlan also had a reprimand, but it had no effect on them, Baudin and the whole team are better than ever.

Hessmann tested pos in May 2023 and the news came out in August. in August/September Jumbo won the Vuelta (full podium), Burgos, Britain, Emilia, Bernocchi, Guangxi, Musterland. this year they won Omloop-Kuurne, Gran Camino, Paris-Nice, Tirreno, Dwars, before the 2 big stars crash.

Baudin took his months off, and then was allowed to come back.

Bahrain hotel was raided in summer 2022 (we still waiting for the French to find something illegal). in 2023 they won 2 Giro stage (and 4th in GC), 3 Tour stages, 1 Vuelta stage, GC podiums in Itzulia, Romandie, DownUnder. podiums in Liege, Fleche.

Reactions: Slavique Nuke
Gall will certainly lose time on the descents and ITT, but in the mountains he will be there with Pog and Vingegaard.

It's weird how a big money sponsor worth billions of euros selling budget bikes shows up at the team and suddenly the whole team starts flying.

let's see if Decathlon-Ford mountain bike xc team will win many races this year, same sponsor.
Gall does what he can do, go fast uphill. if he'll fight for seconds in TT with Pog and Rog I will raise my eyebrows. we've seen teams finally getting great results after some years (yet Ag2r podiumed Dauphiné last year, Gall did a great Tour, both O'Connor and Gall were already strong last year)
I repeat, when Ag2r goes for monuments and WT stage races win I'll probably try to watch them the way you do. until then and any UCI letter, I'll just enjoy their great season

Sporza'a "Spy in the Peloton" says there is no motor doping ...
https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling...agine-to-get-away-with-it-with-all-the-checks
"You would sometimes think that Tadej Pogacar drives a moped, but unfortunately that is not the case. In the peloton there is never really any talk about motorcycles." ... But I do notice that we are being checked a lot for motorcycles this year," he says, noting that sometimes teams kept being checked every day of a race.

original article at - (googling translation)
https://sporza.be/nl/2024/05/24/spi...eel-gecontroleerd-op-motortjes~1716540860723/
"By the way, the UCI has pushed the accelerator even harder in recent weeks."

"In recent years, the fight against mechanical doping has been one of Michael Rogers' many tasks."

"But recently, Rogers has been pushed aside and an American ex-detective has been brought in. It is "dedicated" in the detection of technological fraud."

"The fact that the UCI now dedicates a full-time job to that task will certainly have its reasons."

There have been enough proven and highly suspicious cases of motor doping it wouldn’t be surprising to see a scandal at the top of the sport. The UCI will have an active interest in making sure that never happens though. If anything the high number of bike checks make it seem easier to cover up. Nothing this year has looked overly suspicious despite the huge escapades though…

There have been enough proven and highly suspicious cases of motor doping it wouldn’t be surprising to see a scandal at the top of the sport. The UCI will have an active interest in making sure that never happens though. If anything the high number of bike checks make it seem easier to cover up. Nothing this year has looked overly suspicious despite the huge escapades though…
Pogs mountain accelerations are generally always laughable though.