• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Motor doping thread

Page 200 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Sporza made a report (in a podcast) about cycling's only proven case of motor doping so far, 19-year-old Belgian cyclocross talent Femke Van den Driessche. If you scroll down there's some footage of her allegedly using the motor on the Koppenberg.

This weekend it was 8 years ago that she got caught during the U23 world championships in Zolder. It has never been cleared up and she still denies the claims... but the excuses they've given have been proven to be lies.

Sporza made a report (in a podcast) about cycling's only proven case of motor doping so far, 19-year-old Belgian cyclocross talent Femke Van den Driessche. If you scroll down there's some footage of her allegedly using the motor on the Koppenberg.

This weekend it was 8 years ago that she got caught during the U23 world championships in Zolder. It has never been cleared up and she still denies the claims... but the excuses they've given have been proven to be lies.
There's also an English language podcast being produced on the same topic. The presenter worked together with the Sporza journalist, the first 4 episodes are online:

Reactions: Ilmaestro99
I thought he had a motor on his bike at P-R and RVV, and I have not changed my mind. He motor doped. We've all seenenough people on E-bikes now, to know what it looks like when they power off, and that's what it looked like.
Do you recall in the 2010 PR that Leukemans was following shortly after Canc blasted off and eventually just gesticulated and dropped off the pace, as if to say F this nonsense, this is nuts?

I am getting the feeling we are close to those sorts of things happening again (frustrated racers that is)

Reactions: ChewbaccaDefense
Does anyone know if Froome has ever used a handlebar gear shifter?

I watched this video and it gave me chills. What does it touch with the index finger? It's a very strange movement , Zoncolan 2018

1:13 and 3:21

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8aL1W6lmfM

yes and i remember him doing the same thing on the bardonecchia stage. weird those were the only two stages he was any good on in that giro.

Do you recall in the 2010 PR that Leukemans was following shortly after Canc blasted off and eventually just gesticulated and dropped off the pace, as if to say F this nonsense, this is nuts?

I am getting the feeling we are close to those sorts of things happening again (frustrated racers that is)
He was gesticulating at the motorbike ahead of Cancellara, which was pretty close.

Reactions: Axel Hangleck
Does anyone know if Froome has ever used a handlebar gear shifter?

I watched this video and it gave me chills. What does it touch with the index finger? It's a very strange movement , Zoncolan 2018

1:13 and 3:21

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8aL1W6lmfM

yes and i remember him doing the same thing on the bardonecchia stage. weird those were the only two stages he was any good on in that giro.

yes. handlebar shifter. second 7 to 13
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Utji3iQ0sc

Reactions: ivanic
I don't know what that means in English.
in any case, always a Froome fan here
Late to this, but a 'mark' is a carnival term for somebody who they can bleed for money. A carnival worker would often 'mark' individuals they'd been able to dupe for their colleagues to latch on to in order to push them into playing more games.

This became adopted by pro wrestling, where a 'mark' was a fan who still believed and could be easily engineered to cheer or boo as required as a result. It's kind of evolved as a term, but 'to mark out' for something or somebody has become a term equivalent to fanboying/fangirling.

Reactions: zlev11 and SHAD0W93
In the Amstel, no motor in the bike necessary, considering the motorbikes (even those of the UCI-jury) and the director's car did/do the job. But the difference with the cheating Cancellara and the race-fixing victories by van der Poel and Pogacar in past Amstelraces, is that both riders themselfes were not responsable for the cheating. The more the racedirection (and UCI by allowing it without sanctions). With the aim of getting a Dutchman and/or a big name on the honors list.

In the Amstel, no motor in the bike necessary, considering the motorbikes (even those of the UCI-jury) and the director's car did/do the job. But the difference with the cheating Cancellara and the race-fixing victories by van der Poel and Pogacar in past Amstelraces, is that both riders themselfes were not responsable for the cheating. The more the racedirection (and UCI by allowing it without sanctions). With the aim of getting a Dutchman and/or a big name on the honors list.
Some pretty severe accusations there: care to substantiate any of them?