• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Moustache Man Morgado

antonio-morgado.jpg

Screenshot-20240227-233145-Chrome.jpg

This guy will be a monster. He's got a lot of potential, physically he is a beast.

He came from the same Portuguese team that João Almeida left. A small one, which produces high quality young talents in Portugal called CC de bairrada.

The director of that team confided that Morgado produces better numbers than João Almeida at the same young age.

Morgado's big dream is to win Grand Tours, specially the Tour. His goal this year is to test himself on the avenir tour, but he has shown a lot of talent in one-day events.
I believe he will be a good cyclist in all types of races.

He was the only one who managed to follow Pogacar in a UAE team training session last month!

Last edited:
He's an absolute beast.
Lead the bunch for a long time before the Kapelmuur in Omloop and was still good enough to make it to the front group for the finale.

And again today he was asked to work a lot, yet he could sprint to second.

All of this in races he DOES NOT like!

Reactions: Sandisfan
I wonder what kind of races does he like?

Only doing one year of U23 races complicates things a bit and I freely admit to not knowing the exact circumstances, but looking purely at the results, the worst results last year were in the 3 most difficult stage races in terms of terrain.

Only doing one year of U23 races complicates things a bit and I freely admit to not knowing the exact circumstances, but looking purely at the results, the worst results last year were in the 3 most difficult stage races in terms of terrain.
Read an interview with him a few weeks ago. He still needs to find out what type of rider he is, but his dream is to win the TDF. So while he would like to become a GT rider, they are not yet sure that's where his future lies.

No height and weight on the team page (not that those are 100% truthful, but to get some general idea)

Can't find any info but judging from podium pictures (next to Herzog and next to Thijssen) i'd guess he's about 1m77 give or take a cm.

On the other hand, here he looks to be a lot smaller than Almeida!

Last edited:
Can't find any info but judging from podium pictures (next to Herzog and next to Thijssen) i'd guess he's about 1m77 give or take a cm.

On the other hand, here he looks to be a lot smaller than Almeida!
He weighs 70.5 kg.

In an off-season interview he said that he sees himself as a GC man, and about his bad results in the big U23 stage races he said he knows what went wrong and how to fix it.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Latest posts