Movistar

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
28,143
2
0
Re: Re:

del1962 said:
Benotti69 said:
Quintana's ride up Croix de Fer fastest in history after 3 weeks racing then the performance on L'Alpe proves how ridiculous Movistar were.

No one clean could be that.
How many times in history have they ridden the Croix de Fer by this route and when?

I charge a lot to do others research.
 
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
del1962 said:
Benotti69 said:
Quintana's ride up Croix de Fer fastest in history after 3 weeks racing then the performance on L'Alpe proves how ridiculous Movistar were.

No one clean could be that.
How many times in history have they ridden the Croix de Fer by this route and when?

I charge a lot to do others research.
Surely you must have looked into it though if you say no one clean could do that?

I would expect info like who has ridden it, in what years and under what circumstances to make such a bold claim
 
Re: Re:

del1962 said:
Benotti69 said:
del1962 said:
Benotti69 said:
Quintana's ride up Croix de Fer fastest in history after 3 weeks racing then the performance on L'Alpe proves how ridiculous Movistar were.

No one clean could be that.
How many times in history have they ridden the Croix de Fer by this route and when?

I charge a lot to do others research.
Surely you must have looked into it though if you say no one clean could do that?

I would expect info like who has ridden it, in what years and under what circumstances to make such a bold claim
Col de la Croix de Fer
2015:28,5 km km@5,2%---1:07:53---average speed 25.19 km/h(Quintana-Valverde)-RECORD
---1:07:57---average speed 25.17 km/h(Froome-Nibali)
---1:08:16---average speed 25.05 km/h(Porte-Pinot-Contador)
2008:28,5 km km@5,2%---1:10:35---average speed 24.23 km/h(Kohl-30 riders peloton)
1995:28,5 km km@5,2%---1:09:49---average speed 24.49 km/h(Virenque-Munoz-Dufaux-Bruyneel-Bolts-Gotti-Mejia-Jalabert-Elli-Escartin)
---1:10:04---average speed 24.41 km/h(Vicente Aparicio)
---1:10:25---average speed 24.28 km/h(Vona-Simoni)
---1:11:21---average speed 23.97 km/h(20 riders peloton)
 
Ventoux Boar said:
The Hitch said:
Ventoux Boar said:
2nd and 3rd in the Tour merits 4 posts. Numerologically intriguing and good to see we're beyond equating dominant performances with doping. Chapeau.

Edit. Everyone's favourite objective sports scientist seems to believe, now, that we shouldn't rush to judgement based solely on known limits of physiology.

Ross Tucker @Scienceofsport
@Cubed120 depends whether one wants to believe the fictitious argument that numbers alone are cause for suspicion. Even then,much to wonder
Please show me where anyone ever said judgment should be based "solely on known limits of physiology".

We know Froome is doping for a hundred and one reasons put together. On its own its not enough. Together with faking a disease, lying about numbers, getting coached by dopers, showing total lack of talent as a younger rider, and a few other pieces, the puzzle is complete.
You know *** all, as you know.

There's an astonishing double-standard here. No need for transparency and inquisitions at Movistar. They haven't faked a disease etc
I see no one here defending Movistar, they just aren't attacking them as much as you'd like. There's a difference.

I get that it's hard for some here to get their head around the difference in posts, but Movistar isn't transforming mediocre riders into GT dominators, or launching a multi front PR battle that is, frankly, insulting people's intelligence.

Movistar are doping. Everyone here gets it. Accept that Sky under the PR, Sky is identical.

PS: Valverde has failed just as many doping tests as Froome ;)
 
Re:

irondan said:
Weird because he hasn't been a podium in a World Tour ITT in a long time IIRC.

I know he's been around a long time and has a decent ITT but podium in a grand tour?

Weird..
it's hardly a huge jump for a habitual top-10 TT rider.

25 seconds slower and he would have been 6th, 30 seconds and he would have been 9th

But whatever, that's 2 posts more of me sort of defending Piti than he deserves
 

Irondan

Administrator
Moderator
Re: Re:

roundabout said:
irondan said:
Weird because he hasn't been a podium in a World Tour ITT in a long time IIRC.

I know he's been around a long time and has a decent ITT but podium in a grand tour?

Weird..
it's hardly a huge jump for a habitual top-10 TT rider.

25 seconds slower and he would have been 6th, 30 seconds and he would have been 9th

But whatever, that's 2 posts more of me sort of defending Piti than he deserves
I won't put you in a position where you have to defend him again.

I acknowledge his ITT results, we'll leave it at that.

Cheers!
 
Apr 22, 2012
3,570
0
0
How about Amador? I realize that it probably has been discussed here throughly but don't have enough power to read this all. Last year's Giro surprise. In 2012 he couldn't follow Bárta who is not climber at all on Col de Joux, 2045 4th at Giro. Only one proffesional win. Not excatly most expectable result. Not exactly Froomish, but far from what he ever had done before.
 
Re:

Kokoso said:
How about Amador? I realize that it probably has been discussed here throughly but don't have enough power to read this all. Last year's Giro surprise. In 2012 he couldn't follow Bárta who is not climber at all on Col de Joux, 2045 4th at Giro. Only one proffesional win. Not excatly most expectable result. Not exactly Froomish, but far from what he ever had done before.
Did Amador not win that stage?
 
Re:

Kokoso said:
How about Amador? I realize that it probably has been discussed here throughly but don't have enough power to read this all. Last year's Giro surprise. In 2012 he couldn't follow Bárta who is not climber at all on Col de Joux, 2045 4th at Giro. Only one proffesional win. Not excatly most expectable result. Not exactly Froomish, but far from what he ever had done before.
What exactly do you have against Amador?.... I have seen you have questioned his performances in the road racing forum as well

There are hundreds and hundreds who are a lot more shady than Amador IMO
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY