• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Movistar

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
So come on guys discuss did you see the team realay today:eek:, Quintana attacking from 40 kms out yday and still attacking today. Im so shocked their is not a thread already on them after today its not suprising to me anyway as we all know its Everyone V Sky(on this forum anyway). So please discuss.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Full genius Froome gave the sign yesterday that it's hunting season. Everything is allowed, he gloves are off. Movistar took he hint and they topped off early, to remain competitive.

I wonder when Valverde gets popped again.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Movistar are part of the new cleanER era, Valverde is Spain's David Millar, Quintana the Movi's token clean Colombian to match Sky's Uran and Henao and their docs, well let's say saddle sores are scared of Movistar.............

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
TANK91 said:
So come on guys discuss did you see the team realay today:eek:, Quintana attacking from 40 kms out yday and still attacking today. Im so shocked their is not a thread already on them after today its not suprising to me anyway as we all know its Everyone V Sky(on this forum anyway). So please discuss.
What exactly would you like to discuss?

I am trying to help you make it on to page 2, as Movistar don't have bots to defend them.
I like their jerseys - they even say O2 on the sleeves. :D

zlev11 said:
Ruben Plaza came back from the dead today. haven't seen him ride like that since he was on a Fuentes program.

You missed him coming 11th in the Tour in 2010 then? Rubinho shore his leg nearly in half in March 2011 and it took him over a year to get back to any sort of level. He's been pretty good this year, won Castilla y León, and ultimately is a fair way down the GC and was domestiquing today, so nothing too outlandish.

There are plenty of suspicious things about Movistar, I'm just not convinced Rubén Plaza today is the first thing that springs to mind other than that it's a performance by Rubén Plaza.

Bala Verde said:
Full genius Froome gave the sign yesterday that it's hunting season. Everything is allowed, he gloves are off. Movistar took he hint and they topped off early, to remain competitive.

I wonder when Valverde gets popped again.

This. Exactly.

Movistar knew it was hunting season after watching Dr. Froomenstein tear through the peloton this spring.

Libertine Seguros said:
You missed him coming 11th in the Tour in 2010 then? Rubinho shore his leg nearly in half in March 2011 and it took him over a year to get back to any sort of level. He's been pretty good this year, won Castilla y León, and ultimately is a fair way down the GC and was domestiquing today, so nothing too outlandish.

There are plenty of suspicious things about Movistar, I'm just not convinced Rubén Plaza today is the first thing that springs to mind other than that it's a performance by Rubén Plaza.

i stand corrected, then. didn't know about his injury.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
If they did pop Valverde it might be interesting to find out what he's doing to be competitive in this era. Then again they might just do him for some secondary substance like Berto or Frank Schleck.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Movistar are, quite possibly, the team with the second most powerful gear this season. Their performance at the Tour has been a long time coming. No surprises here.

Movistar won the Team GC at the Giro this year.

Moose McKnuckles said:
This. Exactly.

Movistar knew it was hunting season after watching Dr. Froomenstein tear through the peloton this spring.

And then the longtime senior manager at Movistar is Eusebio Unzué Labiano. He had Delgado and Indurain as athletes. What's their program? No idea. They've got the experience though!!

TRENDING THREADS