• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Music! What are you listening to now?

Page 228 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
....and some more...mark as library essentials, sort of like the Brandenburg Concertos ( which you should have too btw ).....but different....

Junior Wells: HooDoo Man Blues

Howling Wolf: His Greatest Sides

T Bone Walker: T Bone Blues

Cheers

....and btw we could go jazz too if that interests you....

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
King Boonen said:
blutto said:
....and some more...mark as library essentials, sort of like the Brandenburg Concertos ( which you should have too btw ).....but different....

Junior Wells: HooDoo Man Blues

Howling Wolf: His Greatest Sides

T Bone Walker: T Bone Blues

Cheers

....and btw we could go jazz too if that interests you....

Bo Diddley.

...yeah Bo is cool but there really isn't a single album that stands out, which is what I think Sienna wanted...but if we are in that musical neighbourhood there is this....from the guy who literally and figuratively wrote the book on rock'n'roll guitar......and apparently, for a time busked with Bo ( which is almost as cool as the story, that as kids, Charlie Christian and T Bone Walker busked together )...oh to have a time machine and go see that...

Mickey Baker: The Wildest Guitar

Cheers

Michel Polnareff - Main Theme of "La folie des grandeurs" ("Delusions of Grandeurs")

Great theme inspired by Ennio Morricone, and that opening scene is definitely inspired by Sergio Leone's Spaghetti Westerns (shot in Andalucia but not in the Desert of Tabernas though). At the end you may notice the talent in facial expression of Louis de Funès, what an actor. He has himself Spanish aristocratic heritage.

Thème d'amour by the same author also on the soundtrack of "La folie des grandeurs".

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Still listening to Ryo Fukui. Really amazing jazz. I'm convinced this guy would've been one of the greats if he'd have produced more and lived in the US. But being a Japanese guy and only bringing out two albums in the 70's doesn't help your legacy. I'd never heard form this guy until a few weeks ago. His piano playing feels very fresh and original though I can't quite put my finger on exactly why. A lot of his style is fairly traditional, in the sense that as far as rythm, harmony and melody is concerned I can't hear that he does anything particularly innovative. But being able to have a good and original sound while playing in a fairly traditional style is a skill that I respect very much in musicians.

Anyway, I can recommend Ryo Fukui to anybody who likes jazz.

Fortunately his two amazing albums are uploaded in their entirety to youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrr3dp7zRQY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwtF3lCPXeo

Classic Misfits.

I've always been a fan of David Pajo, the ex-Slint post-rocker who moved into the folk style and has collaborated with a range of people, from Tortoise and Mogwai to Will Oldham. Amidst the ethereal folk and otherworldly guitar abstractions lies a love of the Misfits, and acoustic covers of their songs have been part of his live show for a while as well as spread occasionally through his output.

David Pajo - Hybrid Moments

This originally appeared as a secret track on his self-titled album, the first under his own name, in 2005, but was resurrected in 2009 on a mini-album of Misfits covers that gathered all of these together. It's my favourite Misfits song.

David Pajo - Where Eagles Dare

This is probably my favourite of the Pajo covers though.

Michele Lacerenza - Johnny's Theme

On the soundtrack of the "Mille dollari sul nero" spaghetti western film (1966).

Michele Lacerenza is not that famous and yet everybody has heard his music since he was the trumpet player in Ennio Morricone's orchestras and one of the driving force behind Ennio's success, Ennio being himself the son of a trumpet player.

Lacerenza's performance on Il triello and L'arena are just freaking awesome ! :)

Maaaaaaaarten said:
Still listening to Ryo Fukui. Really amazing jazz. I'm convinced this guy would've been one of the greats if he'd have produced more and lived in the US. But being a Japanese guy and only bringing out two albums in the 70's doesn't help your legacy. I'd never heard form this guy until a few weeks ago. His piano playing feels very fresh and original though I can't quite put my finger on exactly why. A lot of his style is fairly traditional, in the sense that as far as rythm, harmony and melody is concerned I can't hear that he does anything particularly innovative. But being able to have a good and original sound while playing in a fairly traditional style is a skill that I respect very much in musicians.

Anyway, I can recommend Ryo Fukui to anybody who likes jazz.

Fortunately his two amazing albums are uploaded in their entirety to youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrr3dp7zRQY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwtF3lCPXeo

I thought I knew that name from somewhere. I had been listening to Shigeo Sekito a couple of months ago and Ryo Fukui appeared on my suggestion box, just realized I had one track from Scenery on my liked videos. ''Early Summer''.

Good stuff. Thanks for bringing me back to it. And I don't even like jazz.

TRENDING THREADS