• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Music! What are you listening to now?

Page 326 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmAMofqacs8
Nefilim - Shine
Carl McCoy's solo project durning the 90ies when Fields of the Nephilim were on hiatus.
Apparenty nowadays he considers this one to be an official Fields of the Nephilim album, now that he's pretty much in charge of the band (revisionist history).
Overall the album has a stronger 90ies industrial metal influence, this song is probably the closest that you get to a classic Fields of the Nephilim song, but it's a great one.

Re: Re:

the delgados said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Янка Дягилева - Печаль моя светла
Yanka Dyagileva - Pechaľ Moja Svetla.

Manages to say everything it needs to say about her pretty tragic story in less than a minute.

That was lovely.
What is she saying?
Я повторяю десять раз и снова
Никто не знает как же мне хуёво
И телевизор с потолка свисает
И как хуёво мне никто не знает
Всё это до того подзаебало
Что хочется опять начать сначала
Кyплет печальный, он такой, что снова
Я повторяю-как же мне хуёво

It's not easy to give a direct translation. The title is variously translated as "My sorrow is light", "my sorrow is luminous" or "my sorrow is illuminated", the sense is more like "shining a light onto" something, like in English you might say "a window into" or something, to suggest peeling back the curtain to see what's inside.

"хуёво" is a "mat" word, a kind of catch-all swear word. Its root, "хуй", works in the same way as, say, putain in French or f*ck in English. Here it's an adverb, describing her state of mind, but it's not the same as saying "I'm f***ed", more a feeling that everything, not just yourself, is like that. It's hard to directly translate and keep the meaning, but with reference to another translation that's garnered some currency which uses "how f***ing bad I'm feeling" for "как же мне хуёво" it's something akin to:

I repeat ten times and more
Nobody knows just how f***ing bad I'm feeling
The television is hanging from the ceiling
And how f***ing bad I'm feeling, nobody knows
Everything around me is so upsetting
That I want to start all over
With this sorrowful couplet again
I repeat... how f***ing bad I'm feeling

I've written about Yanka before, writing songs alternating between visceral protest against the late USSR system and intensely personal confessionals, the persecution, banning of her records and performances, being barred from contact with friends, deaths of friends and relatives and her eventual death from drowning aged 24 (which was depicted vividly in the last of her recorded songs), officially ruled an accident, believed to be suicide but with a theory of murder.

Re: Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
the delgados said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Янка Дягилева - Печаль моя светла
Yanka Dyagileva - Pechaľ Moja Svetla.

Manages to say everything it needs to say about her pretty tragic story in less than a minute.

That was lovely.
What is she saying?
Я повторяю десять раз и снова
Никто не знает как же мне хуёво
И телевизор с потолка свисает
И как хуёво мне никто не знает
Всё это до того подзаебало
Что хочется опять начать сначала
Кyплет печальный, он такой, что снова
Я повторяю-как же мне хуёво

It's not easy to give a direct translation. The title is variously translated as "My sorrow is light", "my sorrow is luminous" or "my sorrow is illuminated", the sense is more like "shining a light onto" something, like in English you might say "a window into" or something, to suggest peeling back the curtain to see what's inside.

"хуёво" is a "mat" word, a kind of catch-all swear word. Its root, "хуй", works in the same way as, say, putain in French or f*ck in English. Here it's an adverb, describing her state of mind, but it's not the same as saying "I'm f***ed", more a feeling that everything, not just yourself, is like that. It's hard to directly translate and keep the meaning, but with reference to another translation that's garnered some currency which uses "how f***ing bad I'm feeling" for "как же мне хуёво" it's something akin to:

I repeat ten times and more
Nobody knows just how f***ing bad I'm feeling
The television is hanging from the ceiling
And how f***ing bad I'm feeling, nobody knows
Everything around me is so upsetting
That I want to start all over
With this sorrowful couplet again
I repeat... how f***ing bad I'm feeling

I've written about Yanka before, writing songs alternating between visceral protest against the late USSR system and intensely personal confessionals, the persecution, banning of her records and performances, being barred from contact with friends, deaths of friends and relatives and her eventual death from drowning aged 24 (which was depicted vividly in the last of her recorded songs), officially ruled an accident, believed to be suicide but with a theory of murder.

Wow, that's intense.
Like something out of a Chekov story.
Now that we've grabbed the crying towels, here's a song from one of my favourite albums ever (definitely an acquired taste)
Red House Painters.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxyKqH2E4sM

TRENDING THREADS