• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Music! What are you listening to now?

Page 183 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

BigMac said:
José Afonso - Baladas e Canções Arguably the best Portuguese songwriter ever (a poet afterall). Sad that he's so strongly associated with the revolutionary movement (and rightfully so) that the rest of his work gets somewhat ignored.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOnzcqGucdc&list=PLEDF6EDA2112CE43B

Cool, I have wanted to check for Afonso for a while after someone compared him to Caetano Veloso. That song is sorta similar to Paco Ibanez though (not a bad thing).

I need to hear more Angolan music also, like this song from after the revolution https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HjHWlmPIfI

Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
I am the complete opposite. To me, Moon Pix is her best album, she does slow core magnificently and I disliked the move towards a more uptempo and soulful, less bleak sound that came later.
Fair enough. I just like a bit more light and colour. In the female alternative "genre' I'd prefer PJ Harvey. :D

Re: Re:

sienna said:
mortand said:
Cat Power - Moonshiner

I'm not a huge Cat Power fan, although I think she's pretty decent. This version of an old tradition is superb, though.
I like some of her stuff and have a few albums. I just wish she'd do more up tempo songs.

I've got a bunch of her stuff but she is gawdawfully boring live! Most boring show I've ever seen by an artist I like and I've seen shows by other artists that were a similar tone.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Charles-Valentin Alkan - Symphony for Solo Piano
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79ZNMQ4neJM

One of the great pianist-composers of Romantacism. Unfortunately nowadays he isn't esteemed as highly as his peers like Liszt, Chopin et cetera. In his own time he was regarded as a virtuoso on par with Liszt. Recent decades have seen something of an Alkan revival within the classical world though, which is probably the only reason I've ever heard of him. :)

Accept-Metal Heart
ADX-Execution
Aldo Nova –Twich
Agent Steel- Skeptics Apocalypse
Blue Öyster Cult – Club Ninja
Bon Jovi - 7800 Fahrenheit
Chastain –Mystery of Illusion
Dokken- Under Lock and Key
Emerald –Down Town
Fate-S/t
Fates Warning-The Spectre Within
Fortune-S/t