• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Music! What are you listening to now?

Page 340 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A bit of slip back to who I don't listen to: I've never really liked Queen, but man everyone does now all of a sudden...the sheeple have gone mad! OK, who doesn't turn up the volume for "We Will Rock You", "We are the Champions", "Another One Bites the Dust" when they come on the radio, but I wouldn't own it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVIbCvfkO3E
(I might get some of those shorts! :)

I guess it should go in the movie thread, but who saw Bohemian Rhapsody?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SSDqm66sQp0

I have loved this band since the first sitting,listening to an entire album..stunned.
I have seen them a few times and my initial live exposure was SXSW..
As a young pimple faced punk the female vocals always draw me..Annie Lennox,Breeders,PJ Harvey..Pretenders,Cocteau Twins, Dead can Dance..and in a backwards rock way..I have always loved The Beautiful South and Housemartins female parts..
As music has really really expanded I can listen to female artists sing in French,different African dialects and Spanish and while not understanding much if anything I think I often get the message.
I didn't mean to leave out Nina Hagen or a couple of childhood favs by Motels and Romeo Void

Re:

jmdirt said:
A bit of slip back to who I don't listen to: I've never really liked Queen, but man everyone does now all of a sudden...the sheeple have gone mad! OK, who doesn't turn up the volume for "We Will Rock You", "We are the Champions", "Another One Bites the Dust" when they come on the radio, but I wouldn't own it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVIbCvfkO3E
(I might get some of those shorts! :)

I guess it should go in the movie thread, but who saw Bohemian Rhapsody?
Seeing as I'm totally behind the times and still only listen to the radio while driving to work I can totally say yes, virtually all of the local stations have started playing Queen's music again ever since the movie came out. (Thankfully the classical music station hasn't proferred their version of Bohemian Rhapsody... yet.) I'm just a bit too familiar with Queen's biggest hits, so I just usually change the station. And I haven't seen the movie because, according to some reviews, it really doesn't portray Freddie Mercury's sexuality honestly.

Nonetheless, don't get me wrong, I still like Queen and Mercury (he is possibly one of the best rock singers ever), but I can totally do without the current hype that had been stirred up by the movie.

TRENDING THREADS