• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

My New Hero

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I know very little about this guy, and even though I'm a European American, this Irish fellow's sincere candidness rings true.

It's about time we see a politician stand up and express what most people feel about the bank bailouts.

Thank you Paul Gogarty for sticking it to 'em. We need your kind in America!

Warning: For those of you in the audience whose ears are too tender for "strong" but admissible and fitting language, it is recommended that you avoid venturing any further.

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CosVhlxpFao&feature=player_embedded>

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
And today's Hero...

Yes, this gentlemen has passed, but his 'spirit' can be felt even more so today.

Again, fitting but somewhat harsh language. Proceed with caution. No "happy talk" here.

Enjoy!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Talking to yourself is a bad sign. Seek help.

Then again maybe it will serve you well during those long, lonely days in the bunker.

Hmm, let me get this right.

5147 posts.

in

420 days

that would be

12.2547618 posts per day.

an "intelligent" person might give each post some time for careful thought prior to posting.

Not to mention, a semi intelligent person might spend equal time surfing that same forum, looking for a topic of interest.

That same person might also spend time at "other" forums spending minutes, maybe hours, continuing the process of trying to express the need to make a name for oneself, to satisfy that need for approval, or maybe just the need for attention. Anyway...

Now we're talking literally hours a day.

But back to the 12.2547618 posts per day by mr BroDeal, who I sometimes mistakenly call BigDeal, for obvious but understandable reasons.

The time spent at this forum alone could, conservatively speaking, amount to 2 to 3 hours a day. Now that's just this forum alone. Multiply that figure by just even 3 other forums and viola, we've got quite a few daily hours per day being spent on the "net." Not to mention time at all the available "pleasures of the skin" sites, and the time spent could boarder on...well,...

Now, I'm not going to point the finger and say the I.A. (internet addiction) exists here, I'll let the figures stand by themselves. However, I believe in this rare, but not exclusive case, the figures might indicate someone might be having a problem.

"A "small but growing number" of internet users are seeking medical help, says Elias Aboujaoude (assistant professor in psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Stanford). The drive to constantly check e-mail and visit chat rooms (signs of internet addiction) is similar to the struggles of substance abusers or impulse control disorders (such as obsessive compulsive disorder). Internet addiction may be as difficult to overcome as any other addiction."

Again, I rest my case.

A

Anonymous

Robert Merivel said:

5147 posts.

in

420 days

that would be

an "intelligent" person might give each post some time for careful thought prior to posting.

Not to mention, a semi intelligent person might spend equal time surfing that same forum, looking for a topic of interest.

That same person might also spend time at "other" forums spending minutes, maybe hours, continuing the process of trying to express the need to make a name for oneself, to satisfy that need for approval, or maybe just the need for attention. Anyway...

Now we're talking literally hours a day.

But back to the 12.2547618 posts per day by mr BroDeal, who I sometimes mistakenly call BigDeal, for obvious but understandable reasons.

The time spent at this forum alone could, conservatively speaking, amount to 2 to 3 hours a day. Now that's just this forum alone. Multiply that figure by just even 3 other forums and viola, we've got quite a few daily hours per day being spent on the "net." Not to mention time at all the available "pleasures of the skin" sites, and the time spent could boarder on...well,...

Now, I'm not going to point the finger and say the I.A. (internet addiction) exists here, I'll let the figures stand by themselves. However, I believe in this rare, but not exclusive case, the figures might indicate someone might be having a problem.

"A "small but growing number" of internet users are seeking medical help, says Elias Aboujaoude (assistant professor in psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Stanford). The drive to constantly check e-mail and visit chat rooms (signs of internet addiction) is similar to the struggles of substance abusers or impulse control disorders (such as obsessive compulsive disorder). Internet addiction may be as difficult to overcome as any other addiction."

Again, I rest my case.

A no so intelligent narcissist a$$hole can post statistics easily obtained by clicking the "Statistics" tab on a public profile as though the cipher was impressive.

Robert Merivel said:

5147 posts.

in

420 days

that would be

Perhaps it might be difficult for you, but for us quick witted, fast typing fellows it is remarkably easy to post twelve times a day, especially when the average includes "live" race threads where dozens of posts can be made while watching a race. Of course, I may have more free time than you. I don't spend my day researching which seeds I need to replant the world after the apocalypse.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Its like you think you discovered numbers or something.

Looks like I hit the "Emotional Mother Lode" with you two.

From what I've read, overcoming addiction, whether it be; to the internet, to sex, to texting, to junk food, to prescribed and non-prescribed drugs, to alcohol, to the endless toys out there, and on and on, is not at all easy.

but at least exposing and admitting it is a start. Not to fester the problem for either of you but there are plenty of sites on the internet that can help you. Good luck to both of you.

And don't worry, none of us are perfect.

This might help

It's got a nice little beat to it. Kick back boys.

The problem with arguing with stupid people is that they are too dumb to know if they are scoring points or not, so they will harp on and on about useless facts, thinking they are making headway even as they prove their lack of brain bandwidth.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
The problem with arguing with stupid people is that they are too dumb to know if they are scoring points or not, so they will harp on and on about useless facts, thinking they are making headway even as they prove their lack of brain bandwidth.

Hmm, is that what they mean when they say: "Pot calling the kettle black?"

You're really digging deep now for answers, BigDeal.

A wise Zen master once said: "Sometimes your roots have to reach the depths of Hell before your leaves can reach the lofty heights of Heaven."

Getting a little "hot" down there?

A

Anonymous

Robert Merivel said:
Looks like I hit the "Emotional Mother Lode" with you two.

From what I've read, overcoming addiction, whether it be; to the internet, to sex, to texting, to junk food, to prescribed and non-prescribed drugs, to alcohol, to the endless toys out there, and on and on, is not at all easy.

but at least exposing and admitting it is a start. Not to fester the problem for either of you but there are plenty of sites on the internet that can help you. Good luck to both of you.

And don't worry, none of us are perfect.

This might help

It's got a nice little beat to it. Kick back boys.

Thats cute sweetie. Been clean and sober over 19 years, thanks for asking.

As for any emotional response, well, you just aren't that special, but your mental disorder would keep you from realizing that. Malignant self love is a bitch to overcome. In fact, just quit trying, you have no shot with something like that.

A

Anonymous

Robert Merivel said:

After 19 years, I have pretty much squashed them all. What you know about addictions you could shove up a gnats a$$ and it would rattle around like a BB in a warehouse. Leave the heavy lifting to those better suited.

I have a pretty well balanced life. That is going to change when I start law school in August, but hey, it has always been my dream to go, and considering the fact that they are paying 40% of my costs to do so, I think I will pursue it even if it takes me away from reading inane banter posted by people such as yourself...I am not sure how I will survive.:rolleyes:

Oh, my current job necessitates me being on a computer a significant amount of time, and posting some on a forum really doesn't take that much time.

A

Anonymous

alberto.legstrong said:
There appears to be nothing more in this thread than 2 guys who hate 1 other guy.

I would characterize my feeling as disdain for narcissistic blowhards. Hate denotes significance for a particular individual that does not exist in this instance.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I would characterize my feeling as disdain for narcissistic blowhards.

The Truth can be painful, but you won't have to worry come August.

The World of Lawyers.

You should fit right in.

"It is the trade of lawyers to question everything, yield nothing, and to talk by the hour."

-- Thomas Jefferson

I think he knew about your little love affair with the internet; how it prepared you for the world of deceit and power.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Rob - far be it from me to dictate who posts what on this forum, but I noticed that you haven't discussed cycling in any thread since August. Sure, this is the cafe section but this is still a cycling forum after all. We come here to socialize away from the cycling chat, not to dump on each other for having more posts than another person thinks is 'normal'. No need to reply because I won't come back to this ridiculous thread, but maybe your time would be better spent talking cycling with us. Or if it's the cafe you prefer - beer, or travel, or food, or cars, or hot chicks, or God forbid politics which I suspect is your preference... anything but a debate on who's time is wasted on the 'net. It's kind of childish.

pedaling squares said:
Rob - far be it from me to dictate who posts what on this forum, but I noticed that you haven't discussed cycling in any thread since August. Sure, this is the cafe section but this is still a cycling forum after all. We come here to socialize away from the cycling chat, not to dump on each other for having more posts than another person thinks is 'normal'. No need to reply because I won't come back to this ridiculous thread, but maybe your time would be better spent talking cycling with us. Or if it's the cafe you prefer - beer, or travel, or food, or cars, or hot chicks, or God forbid politics which I suspect is your preference... anything but a debate on who's time is wasted on the 'net. It's kind of childish.

Now you have done it. The Muppet got his nickname by posting endless new threads about Armstrong. If Armstrong scratched his ass, the Muppet would post a new thread. If Armstrong picked his nose, the Muppet would post a new thread. If there was a thread about what Armstrong ate for breakfast, the Muppet would start a new thread about Armstrong's breakfast. It was several new threads about Armstrong every day. It is why we have Dim's sticky thread in the pro forum.

It is really funny that he turns out to be a New World Order conspiracy nutter. It reminds me of the troll Tom Morris, who turned out to be a bigfoot researcher.

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I would characterize my feeling as disdain for narcissistic blowhards. Hate denotes significance for a particular individual that does not exist in this instance.

It's hateful. Stop dancing on the head of a pin.

TRENDING THREADS