• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nacer Bouhanni

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nacer Bouhanni on Twitter:

« Dispute avec mon Directeur Sportif , frapper dans la voiture de mon DS »
Pourquoi tenter de me faire passer pour le mauvais garçon que je ne suis pas ??? @lavuelta @TeamCOFIDIS

The witch hunt on Bouhanni is ridiculous.

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Popchu said:
Nacer Bouhanni on Twitter:

« Dispute avec mon Directeur Sportif , frapper dans la voiture de mon DS »
Pourquoi tenter de me faire passer pour le mauvais garçon que je ne suis pas ??? @lavuelta @TeamCOFIDIS

The witch hunt on Bouhanni is ridiculous.

Jean-Luc Jonrond, le directeur sportif de la Cofidis: " il n' y a jamais eu d'altercation avec Nacer comme a pu le rapporter le journal espagnol AS et le site internet de L'Equipe. Tout va bien avec Nacer."

Re:

search said:
I think As misunderstood the Jury Communique, to be honest. Or is there a proper source for this punshing thing?

The penalties in the communique are for "pushing off the car" ("Empujes contra un vehículo"), not punshing it, and sticky bottles, as far as I can see

If he'd been punching the car, maybe his - presumably - hurting hand should be considered punishment enough…
Good thing they didn't think it said he was pushing the car, though…

Sadly it's like our man Moscon, he needs to always be on his best behavior. Taking illegal feed/water/sticky bottle/hanging on car ==> no bueno for Nacer.

Frustrating to see talented guys (and yes, he is a quality rider or he'd have long ago been let go) with temper issues. In Nacer's case, he's dealing with general French anti-immigrant sentiment, so I give him a bit of a pass for his feistiness. (And yes, I've lived in France for a long time...)

Re:

Bolder said:
Sadly it's like our man Moscon, he needs to always be on his best behavior. Taking illegal feed/water/sticky bottle/hanging on car ==> no bueno for Nacer.

Frustrating to see talented guys (and yes, he is a quality rider or he'd have long ago been let go) with temper issues. In Nacer's case, he's dealing with general French anti-immigrant sentiment, so I give him a bit of a pass for his feistiness. (And yes, I've lived in France for a long time...)

He's of Algerian descent, right? Are you telling me people are giving him *** about that? That's *** stupid.

Re: Re:

RedheadDane said:
Bolder said:

He's of Algerian descent, right? Are you telling me people are giving him **** about that? That's **** stupid.

While I don't know if that's happening specifically to Nacer I can tell you that yes, many French people get **** for that. It's not surprising though, same happens everywhere in the world where the majority of people are white.

King Boonen said:
RedheadDane said:
Bolder said:

He's of Algerian descent, right? Are you telling me people are giving him **** about that? That's **** stupid.

While I don't know if that's happening specifically to Nacer I can tell you that yes, many French people get **** for that. It's not surprising though, same happens everywhere in the world where the majority of people are white.

where minorities exist*

Re:

Bolder said:

:confused:
Bouhanni deals with his peculiar personality above all else.

I remember a short documentary about him in renown TV program Intérieur Sport (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLquq4ZuRnObtrloYx9xxhoGiz6pPz-zAx). It is usually easy to cheer for the sportsman or sportswoman that is showcased. I feel it was more difficult this time.

Breh said:
King Boonen said:
RedheadDane said:
Bolder said:

where minorities exist*
No, I’m specifically talking about racism. If you really want we can debate the definition of the term in the cafe, but what you are implying, I believe, is xenophobia. It’s not the same.

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
“I’m delighted to win. It was very hard, the pace was really high in the finale. I really wanted to win today after the fake news that circulated about me yesterday."

Re:

Bolder said:

Bouhanni is an unpleasant hothead. I don't know what anti-immigrant sentiment has to do with that. If people don't like him it's likely because of who he is, not what his origins are.