Teams & Riders Nairo Quintana discussion thread

Page 313 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Escarabajo said:
I hope he is fit for La Vuelta for the sake of competition. And by fit I mean have lost some weight. Is a short time, I know but I don't lose hope.

There was a Vuelta that started with very hot weather and he suffered so much. He is becoming too dependent on weather conditions. :(
You mean Nairo was getting fat lately?
 
Re: Re:

Rollthedice said:
Escarabajo said:
I hope he is fit for La Vuelta for the sake of competition. And by fit I mean have lost some weight. Is a short time, I know but I don't lose hope.

There was a Vuelta that started with very hot weather and he suffered so much. He is becoming too dependent on weather conditions. :(
You mean Nairo was getting fat lately?
In my opinion yes.

To make things worse he usually suffers from the intense heat. That didn't help him at the Tour.
 
At least part of the first week will be in southern Spain and it's definitely going to be hot. Parts of stages 8 and 9 (2nd weekend) are in or near Murcia as Valverde said something about parts of those two stages are over his training roads and he's really looking forward to seeing all his friends and family for those two stages cheering from the side of the roads. Also it's just been well hot in all of Spain and most likely will continue throughout the Vuelta as well.
 
Aug 20, 2017
1,397
0
0
TBH, Quintana should win it.
I don't think S. Yates will survive 3 weeks, Nibali's target would be WCRR, Porte unfortunately will not finish it.
And none of the Skyborgs will manage to compete with Nairo (so sad, of course :sad: ).
 
Re:

Bot. Sky_Bot said:
TBH, Quintana should win it.
I don't think S. Yates will survive 3 weeks, Nibali's target would be WCRR, Porte unfortunately will not finish it.
And none of the Skyborgs will manage to compete with Nairo (so sad, of course :sad: ).
That said, Quintana has done nothing in the last two years that makes me think he will win. But lets see - maybe its Nairos resurrection.
 
Re: Re:

ppanther92 said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:
TBH, Quintana should win it.
I don't think S. Yates will survive 3 weeks, Nibali's target would be WCRR, Porte unfortunately will not finish it.
And none of the Skyborgs will manage to compete with Nairo (so sad, of course :sad: ).
That said, Quintana has done nothing in the last two years that makes me think he will win. But lets see - maybe its Nairos resurrection.
Two years ago he won the Vuelta, last year he finished second to the new GT sensation in Giro, sure he messed up two TdFs but I refuse to think he totally lost it. Quintana is the main favorite for the Vuelta and if he doesn't win it or at least put up a good fight then we might worry there's some serious problems with him, his team or God knows what else.
 
Re: Re:

ppanther92 said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:
TBH, Quintana should win it.
I don't think S. Yates will survive 3 weeks, Nibali's target would be WCRR, Porte unfortunately will not finish it.
And none of the Skyborgs will manage to compete with Nairo (so sad, of course :sad: ).
That said, Quintana has done nothing in the last two years that makes me think he will win. But lets see - maybe its Nairos resurrection.
You are in very good esteem when a second place in the Giro and a win in Tirreno is considered nothing.
 
Aug 21, 2011
468
0
9,280
Re:

Koronin said:
At least part of the first week will be in southern Spain and it's definitely going to be hot. Parts of stages 8 and 9 (2nd weekend) are in or near Murcia as Valverde said something about parts of those two stages are over his training roads and he's really looking forward to seeing all his friends and family for those two stages cheering from the side of the roads. Also it's just been well hot in all of Spain and most likely will continue throughout the Vuelta as well.
Depends on what you call hot . There have been quite a few thunderstorms in Murcia in the last week and more forecast. They seem to have reduced the temperature a bit and the forecast, if you believe it, for Malaga and through to the Murcian stages is for low 30s high 20's temperatures. I just hope that it doesn't rain like it did last year!
 
Re: Re:

mariposa said:
Koronin said:
At least part of the first week will be in southern Spain and it's definitely going to be hot. Parts of stages 8 and 9 (2nd weekend) are in or near Murcia as Valverde said something about parts of those two stages are over his training roads and he's really looking forward to seeing all his friends and family for those two stages cheering from the side of the roads. Also it's just been well hot in all of Spain and most likely will continue throughout the Vuelta as well.
Depends on what you call hot . There have been quite a few thunderstorms in Murcia in the last week and more forecast. They seem to have reduced the temperature a bit and the forecast, if you believe it, for Malaga and through to the Murcian stages is for low 30s high 20's temperatures. I just hope that it doesn't rain like it did last year!
Can it actually rain in Malaga and Murcia?
 
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
mariposa said:
Koronin said:
At least part of the first week will be in southern Spain and it's definitely going to be hot. Parts of stages 8 and 9 (2nd weekend) are in or near Murcia as Valverde said something about parts of those two stages are over his training roads and he's really looking forward to seeing all his friends and family for those two stages cheering from the side of the roads. Also it's just been well hot in all of Spain and most likely will continue throughout the Vuelta as well.
Depends on what you call hot . There have been quite a few thunderstorms in Murcia in the last week and more forecast. They seem to have reduced the temperature a bit and the forecast, if you believe it, for Malaga and through to the Murcian stages is for low 30s high 20's temperatures. I just hope that it doesn't rain like it did last year!
Can it actually rain in Malaga and Murcia?
Valv.Piti Yes it actually does, although usually torrential downpours when it does. One of my friends posted a video of it raining there the other day. Of course the typical flooding when it rains.

mariposa: for Valverde (well most Spaniards), and many of us in the southern half of the US those temperatures would be normal. However, Quintana and some others have called those temperatures hot.
 
May 31, 2015
810
0
0
The most important GT of Quintana, will it be a confirmation that his development stagnates, or is there some future by winning the Vuelta ( and also a future with Movistar). Somehow i can't see Landa and Quintana in one team next year, especially with all the rumours about a troubled relationship between the two.
 
Re: Re:

movingtarget said:
Valv.Piti said:
Quintana is definitely my favourite for this race and I think only Yates, Lopez and possibly Porte can do anything about it. Rest doesn't have the level/shape to contest for the win.
Scratch Porte and add Valverde as a podium chance. Quintana has looked really good in the first two stages.
Well, I was about to add Valverde to the list as a joker along with Porte, but I thought I would have been accused of fanboyism. He takes Porte's spot now, yes.
 
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
movingtarget said:
Valv.Piti said:
Quintana is definitely my favourite for this race and I think only Yates, Lopez and possibly Porte can do anything about it. Rest doesn't have the level/shape to contest for the win.
Scratch Porte and add Valverde as a podium chance. Quintana has looked really good in the first two stages.
Well, I was about to add Valverde to the list as a joker along with Porte, but I thought I would have been accused of fanboyism. He takes Porte's spot now, yes.
I put him up there anyway. Besides for a few of us, I don't think it takes much to accuse of us of fanboy/fangirl ism anyway. :D
 
This Vuelta has Nairo written all over it. TBH it is Nairo's to lose. Pretty weak field - some actually weak / some have different objectives. I would really expect Nairo to take this one. Has to be patient though. Dont know why he attacked today. Not really his style.
 

Eli

Feb 23, 2018
132
0
680
Re:

saneguy said:
This Vuelta has Nairo written all over it. TBH it is Nairo's to lose. Pretty weak field - some actually weak / some have different objectives. I would really expect Nairo to take this one. Has to be patient though. Dont know why he attacked today. Not really his style.
He was probably just testing His legs.
 
Re: Re:

Eli said:
saneguy said:
This Vuelta has Nairo written all over it. TBH it is Nairo's to lose. Pretty weak field - some actually weak / some have different objectives. I would really expect Nairo to take this one. Has to be patient though. Dont know why he attacked today. Not really his style.
He was probably just testing His legs.
And riding on Carapaz' bike. He punctured 10 kms from the finish. Very effective domestique work.
 
Re:

saneguy said:
This Vuelta has Nairo written all over it. TBH it is Nairo's to lose. Pretty weak field - some actually weak / some have different objectives. I would really expect Nairo to take this one. Has to be patient though. Dont know why he attacked today. Not really his style.
Simon Yates is a very strong opponent, IMHO he is likely to win
the attacking was just like in the TDF to show himself for the sponsors without doing too much probably orders from team
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Eshnar Professional Road Racing 69
Eshnar Professional Road Racing 93

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS