• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Nairo Quintana discussion thread

Page 350 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hopefully he is fine. the Mayor went to see him. He was hit by a rushing driver with the mirror of the car. He usually have a car behind him. So the driver must have done something bad.

Nairo-Quintana-accidnete-en-Boyac%C3%A1.jpg

EcAfvlDXgAEDuhD-1024x768.jpg

https://www.revistamundociclistico....sufre-accidente-mientras-entrenaba-en-boyaca/

So the organizers of Burgos have decided not to invite the team of the two time winner. Fortunately he's sure to start in the Tour, but I don't see Arkéa on the start list of the Giro nor the Vuelta either.

It looks like the Mont Ventoux Challenge and the Tour de l'Ain will be his first races. Then he will probably ride the Dauphiné. This is a good preparation schedule for the Tour, but it looks like he won't have many chances to race outside of France this year.

After his accident and resting period he probably wouldn't have been in top shape yet. Hopefully he will be able to hit his best form within a month.

So the organizers of Burgos have decided not to invite the team of the two time winner. Fortunately he's sure to start in the Tour, but I don't see Arkéa on the start list of the Giro nor the Vuelta either.

It looks like the Mont Ventoux Challenge and the Tour de l'Ain will be his first races. Then he will probably ride the Dauphiné. This is a good preparation schedule for the Tour, but it looks like he won't have many chances to race outside of France this year.

After his accident and resting period he probably wouldn't have been in top shape yet. Hopefully he will be able to hit his best form within a month.

If you want to be sure to race the races you want, don't ride for a non-WorldTour-team.

I tried looking for the source of the information and could not find it anywhere. There is this from Mundo Ciclistico:

https://www.revistamundociclistico....enge-se-suma-al-calendario-de-nairo-quintana/

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtEghS-EJ1k

Where it indicates that his schedule is:

I know that he split the races with Barguil where he would go to La Route d'Occitanie - La Dépêche du Midi and Nairo would go to L'Ain. They added the Mount Ventoux challenge because of his crash. But nowhere I see Burgos on his schedule. Additionally they sent him to Monaco first to train. If they wanted him to go to Burgos he would have stayed in Spain most likely. Otherwise it would be too much traveling. So I hate to say it but Trump's phrase is a good fit here: "Another fake news".

BTW, one last note, when in the news they said there were four races in his schedule they were probably including the Tour de France.

Vuelta was literally never going to invite them. There are 3 Spanish Pro Continental teams and la Vuelta only has 2 wild cards. If The one Pro Conti team that got the automatic wild card didn't take it for la Vuelta that 3rd Wild Card was going to the 3rd Spanish Pro Conti team. The only teams that were ever one their list to invite. The Giro took 2 Italian pro Conti teams and Van der Poel's team as their 3rd Wild Card.

Absolutely. But if you can invite non world tour teams to a race, you’d think they’d go for the teams who will bring the most action/views/exposure to the race. I do understand there are local continental teams that want to ride and base their year around these races.

No necessarily. When you're talking a Spanish race and Spanish Pro Conti/Conti teams those Spanish teams are the ones that are more likely to bring viewers and audiences to the races. It's also about trying to help "home" teams survive.

TRENDING THREADS